I'm in dire need of help. My Asus ZenBook UX333FA won't connect to our Home network. The wireless card in Device manager has a yellow exclamation mark. Please see photo. In the detail it says:
device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DF0&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_30\3&11583659&0&A3 requires further installation.
Tried several drivers and reinstallation, but it all fails. I even did several reinstallations of Windows 10. Did try to reinstall both Bluetooth and the Intel AC9560, still no avail.
Can you please help you? Very much frustrated.
Thank you very much!
I suggest you try a clean install of the latest package for this adapter. The process is as follows:
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30121 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
- Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
- In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560. If none, go to Step 9.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,