Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7897 Discussions

Wireless card suddenly not working

Oni
Beginner

I'm in dire need of help. My Asus ZenBook UX333FA won't connect to our Home network. The wireless card in Device manager has a yellow exclamation mark. Please see photo. In the detail it says: 

device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DF0&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_30\3&11583659&0&A3 requires further installation.

Tried several drivers and reinstallation, but it all fails. I even did several reinstallations of Windows 10. Did try to reinstall both Bluetooth and the Intel AC9560, still no avail.

Can you please help you? Very much frustrated.

Thank you very much!

Regrds, 

Oni

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I suggest you try a clean install of the latest package for this adapter. The process is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30121 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note that this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an Intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 12.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Repeat step 7 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is not offered (greyed out).
  9. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  10. Repeat step 9 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is not offered (greyed out).
  11. Go back to Step 5.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

Edit: Provided improved algorithm; less reboot steps should be encountered.

0 Kudos
Tinde
Beginner

Is there any update for this problem?

I have suffered this problem for several years now.

Just updated to Windows 11 but the same problems with BT and WiFi still remains!

How is it possible not to just get this working again as it was when new?

Now it stays like this after several remove and re-install attempts:

Tinde_0-1716619265184.png

and now after trying to install the WiFi driver it keeps telling:

Tinde_1-1716619910303.png

like: 

"One or more problems affected the installation to fail. Fix the problems and try the installation again."

The SSU tells me:

Tinde_0-1716620915249.png

and

Tinde_1-1716621029826.png

but I can not find anything about the BlueTooth from there...

br,

Timo

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I suggest you try a clean install of the latest package for this adapter. The process is detailed above.

If this doesn't alleviate the problem, come back and let us know. In this case, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

P.S. Embedded text in attached pictures must be in English. We cannot translate text embedded in a picture. 

P.S. In future, do not post new issues in existing discussions. You do yourself a disfavour when you do so as your issue will not be tracked by the ICS agents. It matters not whether your issue 'feels' the same a some other existing issue. Wipe 'I have the same/similar problem' from your vocabulary. Create a new issue using the Post a Question button in the root page for the forum.

0 Kudos