Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7617 Discussions

With the Intel AX211, it is not possible to use the 5GHz band when using a mobile hotspot

yyyibx
Beginner

I am using a Lenovo Yoga Pro 7i Gen8 RTX3050 model and live in Japan. When I use the AX211 for a mobile hotspot and select 5GHz, I always receive the message, "The selected network band is not available. Please select a different band and try again." However, when I select 2.4GHz, it becomes very slow, but I can still use it. My Wi-Fi router supports IEEE802.11ax and uses the 5GHz 36 channel. Additionally, I am using it indoors. I have seen similar questions and tried clean installs, factory resets, and driver updates, but none of these methods worked. If this is a limitation of the Intel Wi-Fi adapter, I would like to request an improvement.

According to this page: [Intel Support Article](https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029083/network-and-io/wireless.html), it is stated that the 5GHz hotspot can be used by connecting to an AP with approved 5GHz channels, so I believe I meet the requirements.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello yyyibx,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To get a better understanding of the issue and be able to provide an effective recommendation, please provide the missing key information here:

1) WiFi Router make and model (specifications link if possible);

2) Have you tried other access points (APs) and see if the issue is the same?

3) How did you update the drivers, was it via manual download and install? From which download page?

4) Has this worked previously and just recently stopped?

5) Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 Module pre-installed on your Lenovo Yoga Pro 7i Gen8 RTX3050 system?

6) Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software, so we can help check your system configuration and driver details. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save (.txt file) and attach the logs as you reply.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello yyyibx,

We're still waiting for the information we requested so we can identify the next steps that need to be taken to solve this issue. We hope to get your reply soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos