Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

X240 with 7260 ac, the bluetooth not working.

glee20
Novice

in win8.1 x64, X240 with 7260 ac, the bluetooth not working.

X240 A02V00 + 04W3830 N Intel WP2 BGN,working normal

X240 A02V00 + 04W3806 N WP 7260 11ac, the bluetooth not working (wireless is ok)

using the latest lenovo x240 bios and driver WIN8.1 X64.

anyone can help me? thks a lot.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
GElle
Novice

I'm experiencing the same problem with my AC 7260. The Bluetooth does not work, I have tried the Generic Windowd driver, BT_3.1.1311_e164 and BT_3.1.1309_e164 but the problem persists.

I bought the card and installed it in my MSI GE60-0ND (Windows 8.1) with no problems, wifi works very well both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz.

When using the Generic driver and 1311/1309 the Bluetooth icon will be normal for a brief moment in Device Manager but after few seconds it'll sport that shiny yellow ! triangle we all love. This happens when I turn on/off Bluetooth using a software from MSI. - Note the only hardware change is under "Bluetooth" - Nothing else gets changed (I would have thought Bluetooth would also appear under Network Adapters).

I have spent quite some time reading these forums and battled google for days trying to find a solution but after all this time I can only say that A LOT of people are having this problem.

Given how many people are experiencing the same bluetooth problems it just HAS to be driver issues. I hope intel are working to fix this....

glee20
Novice

joe_intel:

This problem plagued us for three months.

it is hardware or software cause?

can you tell us how to solve 7260 11ac bluetooth problem ?

if need time, how long can solve it ?

thks a lot!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for your issue. There is a plan to release new software to fix this issue first reported with Intel® NUCs. However, it is also advised to contact the system manufacturer in order to check which wireless adapter models are validated for your system. The integration of wireless adapters is only supported by the respective system manufacturer due to general compatibility and local wireless regulations.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Intel� wireless adapter?

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

hi, joe_intel:

intel should fix this issue first reported with Intel® NUCs as quickly!

yes, I have contacted thinkpad tac many times, they are ambiguous.There's no way I find that is intel's problem.

This is intel low-level boring problem.

I think if intel solves this issue, shoud transfer the solution to lenovo thinkpad.

thks.

gordon

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

hi, joe_intel:

did new software have released?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are still checking on this. We will let you know once the new software becomes available.

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

hi, joe_intel:

did new software have released?

KWall2
Beginner

Do you have any updates?

Owning 3x 7260 AC and none are working properly.

Wi-Fi is fine but the bluetooth is not working.

Tried the current driver and two drivers back in time for the Wi-Fi and the current driver and one driver back in time for the Bluetooth (since 7260 AC is only supported by the latest and next-latest Bluetooth drivers).

---

The latest Bluetooth drivers are 3.1.1311 from 12/3/2013. Would really be nice with a Bluetooth drivers that solve the 7260 (AC) bug, the Wi-Fi drivers have had two releases in 2014 already (16.10.0 and 17.0.0). An ETA would be nice in the mean time (i.e. "middle of April" or "April", not just "coming soon").

0 Kudos
AVand4
Beginner

Any news on this?

I have 150 deployed laptops with this card and Bluetooth is not working properly. We rely on Bluetooth for our mice and headsets.

0 Kudos
KWall2
Beginner

I second that (i.e. an update or an ETA of when this can be fixed).

As well as owning three of these cards for my private machines I work as a computer salesperson and can't recommend this card to my customers with good conscience until this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
LMoss
Novice

I think I have found a stable solution on my Toshiba Z35:

Get the latest Proset (17.0.0) and Bluetooth (3.1.1311) software.

But, that was not enough.

Then delete your mouse and re-pair it. I did that by clicking the bluetooth icon on the taskbar which took me to the Start Screen version of Settings. (I had previously gone directly to Desktop control panel. Don't know if that matters, but ....)

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I will update the thread as soon as the new software is available. Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
KWall2
Beginner
0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

A new software for Bluetooth was released for the 7260 AC WiFi card. It is version 17.0.1401.03 and

dated 04/10/2014.

I installed it in Windows 8.1 64-bit (With windows 8.1 Update 1) and appears to install correctly (no" shiny yellow triangles" in device manager )

I paired my device (Toshiba laptop with WiFi 7260 ) with Bluetooth mouse and it worked. I have not done extensive testing yet.

Maybe Joe_intel can confirm that the Bluetooth is now working.

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

Jose5,

did you use thinkpad x240 ? if not,can you tell me the machine type ? thks a lot!!

Joe_intel:

can you confirm that the Bluetooth is now working when updating to 17.0.1401.03 dated 04/10/2014 ?

0 Kudos
KWall2
Beginner

I'm on 17.0.1401.03 (10/4-2014) for Bluetooth and 17.0.0 (18/3-2014) for WiFi running 7260 AC and Win 7 HP x64 and it still does not work. Uninstalled earlier WiFi and Bluetooth drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers (see above) and restarted the computer. Automatically "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" is AGAIN identified and get "Error 43". Pointing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\Drivers" I get "Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter" and "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 High Speed Adapter" as well as "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 High Speed Adapter" and they all return "Code 43". (Haven't tried the 3.0 since the BT should be v. 4.0).

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

thinkpad x240 7260 ac update to BT_17.0.1401.03_e164, bluetooth still can't working, it appears in unkown usb device error code 43.

can Joe_intel give offical advise ??

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Hi Gordon,

I am using a Toshiba Satellite model: C50-A-0JR running windows 8.1 64 bit

My laptop originally came with a crappy 1x1 Broadcom Wireless N WiFI that I removed and

replaced with a 2x2 Intel Dual Band 7260 AC (note: there is more than one flavor of 7260 intel

adapter, some have single band, some dual band-2.4ghz and 5ghz, non Bluetooth and wireless N versions). I am using the Wireless 7260 AC from intel which I purchased my self and installed on my notebook (Tosh. satellite)

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The latest version is supposed to fix the code 43 issue. I see it worked for some of you but not for others.

I will report the results back, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please make sure you have latest BIOS for your system and do complete power cycle. Remove the power cord (and battery) from your system after shutdown and report your results.

0 Kudos