Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

ac 7260 bluetooth is not viewable after upgrading to windows 10

cdona2
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I recently had my computer go through the windows 10 upgrading process when I realized that the bluetooth section of my computer at all levels and sections had now vanished ( it was working fine before the plunge. I am using a wifi card with ac 7260 in it)

Currently all drivers I have tried going back multiple years have failed and the latest drivers have also failed.

multiple attempts at uninstalling and reinstalling my card also failed to show a favorable result, no other issues have occurred on the card and my wifi is running strong

Anyone have any ideas? I'm feeling kinda screwed at the moment....

I feel like the 7260 may currently be a card that desperately needs drivers support

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello hulkgamecrit,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 and its Bluetooth* component have driver support for Microsoft Windows 10®.

We strongly advise you to use the drivers provided by the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support as first option, however, you can find the generic drivers in our download center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25135/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-MS-Windows-10-64-bit-WP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for MS Windows® 10 64-bit (WP).

*If you get any errors during the driver installation, let us know what they are.

Check the Settings for you Bluetooth device in Windows 10® and make sure it is "ON", also, check for any hardware switches or key combination in your PC and confirm that Bluetooth is enabled.

For further asssistance, please let us know the following:

- Was this the adapter that came installed from factory in your PC?

- Please check Device Manager and let us know the status shown for the Bluetooth Radio.

- Let us know any errors or warnings seen in the system.

cdona2
Beginner

As I said before, bluetooth is missing at all levels of my computer so I cannot comment on the current state of bluetooth for the computer, the drivers installed with no issue, issue is still occurring.

This is a PC built from scratch ( and before I get the generic " you shouldn't build a pc" it was built by someone who knows what they are doing and as I said before the component worked fine in windows 7

Do you have any other suggestions?

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Please download the the Intel® System Support Utility from the following location: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

Use the tool to create a system report and save it. Then post the resulting file using the Advanced Editor and the attach function.

Also, let us know the form factor of your Wireless adapter (PCIe Add-in card, HMC, or M.2).

Confirm in Device Manager, and let us know if the Bluetooth Radio is shown there.

0 Kudos