Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies

ac3168

jaj00
Novice

802.11ac, 1x1, 2.4 GHz: 150 Mbps (~74 Mbps max download speed).

802.11ac, 1x1, 5 Ghz: 433 Mbps (~216 Mbps max download speed).

does this mean the other half is for upload speed and the 433 Mbps isn't full rated for dl?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, it means that you should check your settings prior to testing:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos
jaj00
Novice

those are default settings. nothing to check really, only thing missing in properties is the last one.

802.11n/ac Wireless Mode or HT Mode802.11ac or VHT Mode

so that means w/e speed it is rated its only half?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jaj00, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If you still need to clarify some details, in order to better assist you we just wanted to confirm, which was the speed test that you ran to gather those values about the connection?

What is the model of the laptop?

What is the bandwidth provided by the Internet service provider?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
jaj00
Novice

i check the settings and I am on the default optimized settings.

ISP provider is at 300 Mbps upload download fiber, this can be tested and achieved on LAN connection. with WLAN WIFI, I can only hit about 233 Mbps while my card is rated at 433 Mbps which makes me think 433 is for both upload + download together half each..?

The modem used is capable of broadcasting 1 Gbps as the ISP provider uses the same modem for all of their different speed plans.

Model of the laptop is a gaming laptop, desktop replacement to be precise.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jaj00, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In order to better assist you we just wanted to check some details about your platform:

You mentioned that the ISP has different speed plans, which is the speed plan that you are using?

What is the model of the router?

Please provide the name or a link to your IPS.

You also said that that you tested the speed of the LAN and WLAN connection, could you please provide a screenshot of each of the testings done so we can verify those details?

Additionally, please attach the SSU report to the thread so we can verify the further details about your system:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jaj00, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jaj00, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos