Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

bluetooth mouse problem

vincenzostarks
Beginner

Has anyone else experienced stuttering with their bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard? You know how to deal with this problem? Please help me

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Vincenzostarks,

Would you please provide some detail on your PC or laptop? The following will be helpful:

- What make and model of PC or desktop do you have?

- What operating system are you using, and what is the patch level?

- What type of Bluetooth adapter do you have, and what driver version is installed?

- If you are using wireless, please indicate the band you are using.

- When the stuttering is happening, are you using any other Bluetooth devices such as headphones or speakers?

These things really will help narrow down a solution.

Jeff03
New Contributor I

I've been experiencing this, but only on my 11th gen (Tiger Lake) laptop.  I use a Logitech Anywhere 2S mouse and MX Keys keyboard on both an HP Spectre x360 (10th gen) and HP Envy x360 (11th gen) and only on the 11th gen do I have problems.  My mouse will often freeze for a second or two (or three) if I don't use it for a little while and also there are times when I go to type and I get no response and then a second later I'll get multiple key strokes.  There appears to be an issue with Tiger Lake and bluetooth because if you search many of the computer makers' support boards, you'll see similar issues mentioned.  I've tried many different things and have yet to find a good solution.  I've updated to the latest Intel drivers but they don't help.

0 Kudos
tobiash
Novice

Another thread here describing the exact same thing. Maybe better to use that one:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-i7-Gen-11-Bluetooth-issues/td-p/1260969

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Tobiash,

I don't see any notes about disabling power management on the network adapter. You can use Device Manager, get to Power Management for the adapter, and uncheck the box that reads "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." You can use go to Settings / Power & sleep, click on Additional power settings. On the link for Change plan settings click Change advanced power settings, and from there go to Wireless adapter, and make sure everything is set to Maximum performance. There are also other sections you might want to look at. To me, this all reads like the Bluetooth is in sleep mode, or something with power management.

0 Kudos
tobiash
Novice

KhunDoug: I have done that as well. It does not work. I will amend that to my list as that is the common goto for "have you tried this..." from users trying to just help.

Please read the other thread.

0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

I've done that as well and it didn't help.  I've even made edits to my registry but nothing has worked.  

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi,

Welcome to Intel problem, We have long discussion about that.

Intel AX201 Wi-Fi6 disconnect and BT lags - Asus UX425EA - Intel Community

All sings show that there is a problem with Intel ax201 drivers, And intel still working to solve the problem.

You can send your laptop back and ask your money back.

0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

I use my laptop for work so that's not an option to return it.  Hopefully Intel can figure this out.

0 Kudos