Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

error message for Proset driver updates

southernpride1865

got a message saying I had 2 driver updates, so went to Intel DSA to download. I get continual error messages saying the driver could not complete installation, with this message:

Adding driver package: Netwtw04.INF
Failed to add driver package: The system cannot find the file specified.

Total driver packages: 1
Added driver packages: 0

11/17/2021 7:53:06 PM : [Debug] ExitCode = 2
11/17/2021 7:53:06 PM : [Error] Failed to install INF, error code: 2
11/17/2021 7:53:07 PM : [Standard] Finish
11/17/2021 7:53:07 PM : [Error] Failed to run PnPInstaller, error code: ERROR
11/17/2021 7:53:07 PM : [Error] Failed to run PnPInstaller

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, disabled/re-enabled, tried several different download sites, and nothing works. According to the properties tab, the device is working correctly and there are no conflicts, but latest drivers will not load.

What am I doing wrong/how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello @ southernpride1865

Thanks for all the details provided, on our side we confirmed the driver works (download and installation). 

As a friendly reminder, we recommend trying the steps Scott provided to do a "clean install", here are the official Intel links for the process:

If those inks still don't work, try downloading from another computer (if available) or continue using the drivers provided by the computer's OEM:

Your issue could be related to your network settings blocking or stopping download / installation. If it is a work computer, it is recommended to check with your company's IT dept for permissions and settings or if it's not, you can also check with your ISP. (An antivirus or firewall could also be the cause.)

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Don't worry about it saying AX200; this is just a cut and paste error on my part. The driver packages are the same - but, do look for your AC 9650 during the uninstall.

I just downloaded these packages without issue from Chrome browser. Neither took more than 6 or 7 seconds. How are you downloading?

...S

0 Kudos
southernpride1865

I tried the Brave browser, which I believe is a derivative of Firefox. I also tried on Firefox and Edge.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Which Reply button are you clicking on? It must be the one just below the edit box for the post.

...S

0 Kudos
southernpride1865

I hit the reply button at the bottom of your post, which opens a dialog box. I type this, scroll down to the reply button at the bottom right corner right below the drag and drop files here box.

0 Kudos
southernpride1865

Do you know anything about PROset being at or near the end of its lifespan?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Nope, I haven't heard anything. Are you sure you aren't just hearing the buzz associated with specific Wireless adaptors being discontinued?

...S

0 Kudos
southernpride1865

Actually, I think I was on IOBit's Driver Booster program, trying to download these drivers from there and I thought I saw something about it being discontinued or reaching the end of its support lifecycle soon. But I might be totally mistaken and just misread what I was seeing, and I certainly didn't pay attention to it because I was focused on something else. 

This happens more often than not with PTSD and TBI, I am doing something and see something else interesting, but have to focus on what I am doing or I will lose it. Then, when I try to remember whatever secondary thing I saw, it is garbled or just gone.

Speaking of gone, I see that the last post I put up with extra info, such as a list of answers to the questions asked earlier and screenshots of the error messages are gone again.

At this point, I am ready to give up. Anything I try to post over a certain length shows up and then disappears again, so I can't seem to provide the requested info. The equipment works, it just won't update to the latest drivers.....but it works. All of you folks have been great, but I feel that without being able to provide the requested info, I am just wasting your time. And I'm getting **bleep** tired of typing this stuff over and over, just to see it vanish.

I will try one more time tomorrow, by typing and copy/paste everything into a completely separate file on my computer and then attaching it as a file. Maybe that will work. But right now, it is time for bourbon and my dog. Thanks again, and maybe I can get this info posted tomorrow.

0 Kudos
southernpride1865

OK, I am going to try this again. I have created a file with all of the requested info (I hope!) and will attach it like I did the SSU. Maybe this time it will take!. Also, referring back to an earlier statement/question, it was NOT PROset that was being discontinued, it is Silverlight. Sorry for the confusion on that!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @ southernpride1865

Thanks for all the details provided, on our side we confirmed the driver works (download and installation). 

As a friendly reminder, we recommend trying the steps Scott provided to do a "clean install", here are the official Intel links for the process:

If those inks still don't work, try downloading from another computer (if available) or continue using the drivers provided by the computer's OEM:

Your issue could be related to your network settings blocking or stopping download / installation. If it is a work computer, it is recommended to check with your company's IT dept for permissions and settings or if it's not, you can also check with your ISP. (An antivirus or firewall could also be the cause.)

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos