Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

identify model number and LMP version of Intel Bluetooth

P7sky
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to determine the model number and LMP version of the Bluetooth adapter in my Dell Latitude so that I can determine what Bluetooth Core Specification the adapter supports. Using Device Manager and clicking on the "Advanced" tab of the Intel Bluetooth properties shows no entries where most articles indicate that the LMP version should be found. The model only says "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" with no model number or LMP version. The firmware version is 370b122300aa1b1400. If the LMP is contained in the firmware version, it's not apparent to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

P7sky, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to try to assist you on this matter and to try to gather the details that you are looking for about the Bluetooth feature of your Intel® Wireless card in your Dell Latitude, please provide the SSU report so we can verify further aspects about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
P7sky
Beginner

I've tried running the SSU utility you requested. It will not save the file. I tried saving it to several different locations (Desktop, Documents), but it does not appear when I go to look for it. I've attached a screenshot of the "Review" Window. If I can't get it to save the output to a file, how am I going to get this information to you?

0 Kudos
P7sky
Beginner

I tried again after restarting the computer. Same result. No file created. In addition, the Submit button on the final screen takes me to a "Can't find that page" in two separate browsers: Firefox and Edge. As far as I can see in the report, the Intel Bluetooth Adapter isn't mentioned. But attached is a screenshot of the Device Manager output identifying the Bluetooth as an Intel Bluetooth - no model indicated. Any further assistance would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

P7sky, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the pictures.

Not sure what might be the problem with the SSU report, but based on the picture you shared with us we can confirm that you are using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, and based on that we will be able to identify the Bluetooth feature that it contains, the Bluetooth version is 4.2 as you can see here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86068/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8260.html

And in the link below, you will find further details about the Bluetooth feature of the Intel® Wireless card:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-8260-brief-v2.pdf

Regards,

Albert R.

P7sky
Beginner

Thank you very much; that information is quite helpful. Don't know why the SSU wouldn't save -- seemed like it was going to, but then the file was never created.

Paul

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

P7sky, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Regarding the SSU, yes, it is very strange, I just run it on my computer and I was able to save it on the "Desktop" with no problems.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the information about the Bluetooth provided previously was useful and helpful for you and you were able to find the details you were looking for.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos