Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

intel 8265 slow wifi

MZoln
Beginner

Im experiencing from last 2 days very slow speed on intel 8265. All other devices at home get 300mbs and on my dell 5000 laptop i get max 5mb.

Can i have some ideas whats happend as it used to be ok

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What changes did you make in the last two days? Have you added any wireless mice or keyboards?

What operating system version and build?

Have you contacted Dell support? They are responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
MZoln
Beginner

Hi and thanks for your quick answer.

1. Ive recently changed the whole screen and i think ive noticed the change after that
  2. Im running windows 10 build 17134.648
  3. I havent yet contacted the dell support . first of all ive upgraded the wifi card myself last year and also the laptop is not on guaranty anymore.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

For #1, what do you mean?

For #3, changing the wifi card in you laptop without consulting with dell will likely result in problems.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

an excerpt:

"If you have already performed the integration, it is also important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies.

Intel is a supplier of laptop components and does not manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide.

The only retail wireless adapters currently supported by Intel are the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth® for Desktop, and the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit. These retail products are intended to be installed in Desktop PC with the antennas bundled in the box. They are not intended for wireless adapter upgrade in laptop PC."

Doc

0 Kudos
MZoln
Beginner

I had to replace the screen because my girlfriend smashed it ;) So ive bought whole laptop for spairs/repairs and changed the whole screen with cover and all the antena cables. Like i said befor the wfii was working just fine. Now i also noticed that intel software asked me to perform upgrade last week with 6 new drivers. silly enough i didnt check what that will be and accept it.

I might try to change back the wifi card to the old one. the only problem with the old one is it doesnt support my full broadband speed...

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MZoln Thank you for the information. The assistance provided by Al.Hill is correct at the end this behavior could be related to the hardware implementation, nevertheless you can try a wireless driver clean installation (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html) on the system, but if the issue persists you can try reverting the changes made on the system. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MZoln Have you tried the install of the driver on the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MZoln
Beginner

Hi Leo,

So I have tried the clean installation and it worked for a few days. I mean the speed was over 300mbs but ive noticed now the speed is slowing down day by day. at the moment its 100mbs. on all other devices is over 350mbs . It might be the hardware issue. I can change the wifi card back to 3165 but the problem is this one is limited to 100mbs....

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MZoln Thank you the update, in this case the issue that you are having seems to be related to the hardware integration performed on the system, also keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that integrations can work correctly (as mentioned previously), and Intel is a supplier of laptop components and does not manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide. Reference link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html In this case we recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to confirm what actions can be taken with the integration. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos