Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

intel ac7260 bluetooth problem

AJonu
Beginner

Hello, I have a laptop with AC7260 dual band network card. Everything was working fine untill very recently, when bluetooth just dissapeared. It wasn't in device manager, nor in bluetooth settings. Tried many different approaches like reseting bios, adding device manually, updating drivers, reinserting the card but no luck.

After googling the issue I came up at video that suggested taping pin 51, which I did and now bluetooth is back to working again.

Is there any other way to fix it than taping pin 51?

Thanks,

- Augiz.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Augiz,

We understand you were having recognition issues of the Bluetooth® module on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter. This problem was resolved by taping pin 51, however, you're hoping for a different solution.

For this issue, we normally recommend trying a clean driver installation first:

1. Download the latest drivers for your adapter

1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005489/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Download Software for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Technology

2. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005634/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software," and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Manually remove your drivers:

1. Bluetooth®: Go to the Device Manager > Right click on your Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

2. WiFi: Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.

5. Reboot your computer.

6. Install the drivers downloaded back in step one, make sure to install the Bluetooth® driver first, then the Wireless driver afterwards.

If this does not resolve the problem, then the pin 51 fix will be your best bet, as you've already confirmed it works for your hardware.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
FBulu
Beginner

Bu benim için çok işe yaradı, sen büyük adamsın.

Günlerdir bununla uğraşıyorum. Pin 51 kapalı olduğu halde çalıştıramadım.

I'm using Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos