Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

intel dual band ac-7265 - sagemcom fast5280 router, cant get 802.11ac speed

DNiko2
Beginner

both have 802.11ac protocols but I can only get 802.11a and 54Mbps speed. I have connected to other 802.11ac networks. latest intel drivers installed.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to provide the most accurate response, we just wanted to verify a few details about your system: Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Were you able to get 802.11ac using this same router before? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or it came installed in the computer? What is the model of the motherboard? What is the model of the processor? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Which Windows version are you using? We can always try a clean installation of the wireless drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html If you are using Windows* 10, in the following link you will find the latest wireless driver version for you to try to install: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DNiko2
Beginner
  1. this is not a new computer
  2. no new hardware or software changes.
  3. no I was not able to get 802.11ac with this router, on a previous one I was able, and there are devices connecting to the current router as 802.11ac speeds. the router is a sagemcom fast 5280. rac2v1s, set for 2.4ghz - g,n and 5.0ghz - a,n,ac protocols.
  4. came installed in the laptop/tablet.
  5. laptop info. HP Elite x2 1011 G1 tablet, MA windows 10 Pro (64bit) 1803 OS build 17134.523 Intel Core M-5Y51 CPU@1.10Ghz, Intel HD Graphics 5300,Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC-7265, Intel Wireless Bluetooth

doing a netsh from the command line.

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver          : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Vendor          : Intel Corporation

Provider         : Intel

Date           : 10/22/2018

Version          : 19.51.16.2

INF file         : oem76.inf

Type           : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Radio types supported   : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n 802.11a 802.11ac

FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes

802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes

Hosted network supported : No

Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:

Open      None

Open      WEP-40bit

Open      WEP-104bit

Open      WEP

WPA-Enterprise TKIP

WPA-Enterprise CCMP

WPA-Personal  TKIP

WPA-Personal  CCMP

WPA2-Enterprise TKIP

WPA2-Enterprise CCMP

WPA2-Personal  TKIP

WPA2-Personal  CCMP

Open      Vendor defined

Vendor defined Vendor defined

IHV service present    : Yes

IHV adapter OUI      : [00 80 86], type: [00]

IHV extensibility DLL path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelWifiIhv04.dll

IHV UI extensibility ClSID: {1bf6cb2d-2ae0-4879-a7aa-a75834fbd0e3}

IHV diagnostics CLSID   : {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

and this is what I'm getting.

There is 1 interface on the system: 

Name          : Wi-Fi

Description      : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

GUID          : 25d9b236-c74e-4a35-b3bb-9b0f8971e41e

Physical address    : b8:08:cf:00:5f:5e

State         : connected

SSID          : MySpectrumWiFie8-5G

BSSID         : d8:a7:56:74:d0:ef

Network type      : Infrastructure

Radio type       : 802.11a

Authentication     : WPA2-Personal

Cipher         : CCMP

Connection mode    : Profile

Channel        : 153

Receive rate (Mbps)  : 54

Transmit rate (Mbps)  : 54

Signal         : 99% 

Profile        : MySpectrumWiFie8-5G 

Hosted network status : Not available

so the Intel card does 802.11ac and the router does the same, I guess I dont get why it will not sync at the ac and give me the fastest speed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, Thank you very much for providing that information. We recommend to install the wireless drivers provided by the manufacturer of the tablet, in this caseHP, since those drivers were manufactured by them to work with your specific platform. I looked in HP's web site, the latest version available is 20.90.0.7 Rev.P, please try to install that driver: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elite-x2-1011-g1/7357747/swItemId/ob-221637-1 Also in the following link you will find additional information about the recommended settings for you wireless connection: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DNiko2
Beginner

I tried what you had there and thank you for the great details,but I still cannot at the higher speed. I kinda thought, both have 802.11ac, then I would get great speed.It just doesn't get above 54. and onlyuses the 802.11a protocol. I can only assume it may be some incompatibility between my adapter and the Spectrum sagemcom router. If you can think of something else to try I would be happy to try it.

thank you

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those results we are sorry to hear the issue persists. At this point, as you mentioned, the problem could be related to compatibility between the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Spectrum Sagemcom router. Just to confirm, did you try a clean installation of the drivers? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html If you did, please provide the SSU report so we can verify your current configuration. To attach the report after choosing the option of "reply" please select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
DNiko2, Is there anything we cal help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos