Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

Geebski
Beginner

I noticed intel dual band wireless-n 7260  discounted.    Can you advise how i can obtain the latest driivers the latter as well as Proset / Wireless Setup program for wihdows 10 x64.

The reason I want to update the drivers because in the past  4-5 months, I notiiced the wireless connection drops very often and this is the messge i noticed in the event viewer

The description for Event ID 7001 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP15
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Can you advise the recommended way to uninstall/reinstall drivers for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

Thank you in advance for your cooperation .

Cheers

Nageeb

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I sent you a Private Message (PM) regarding access to the final driver package for this (discontinued) card.

Check your PM inbox. If you haven't done this before, click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

0 Kudos
SupunRM
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Sorry to be a pain, but can I also request the drivers for ac-7260

Thank you

Supun

0 Kudos
WifiCard7260
Beginner

Please sir, I'm also after the latest drivers for this Intel Wireless 7260 WLAN WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Band Card (PCI Express Half Mini Card).

The reason is that the card is not showing my SSID (from my wifi6 ax router).

The other question is about a replacement card that has native 802.11ax support.  Any recommendations please?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
WifiCard7260
Beginner

Please sir, I'm also after the latest drivers for this Intel Wireless 7260 WLAN WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Band Card (PCI Express Half Mini Card).

The reason is that the card is not showing my SSID (from my wifi6 ax router).

The other question is about a replacement card that has native 802.11ax support.  Any recommendations please?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, Everyone.

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it as per the Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Discontinuation Notice article, that also means that the drivers for this discontinued product will no longer be available for download.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website, helping to address your request.   

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued":  Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260  

Also, you may find the product has been discontinued recently here: Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards, 

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
WifiCard7260
Beginner

Thanks for the reminder, Jocelyn.

Can you please share the last drivers for the discontinued AC-7260?

Understand that the card is discontinued, what I do not understand is why the last driver software is not on the Intel site.  If this was a silly omission, please point me to the url link to download.

Much appreciate your reply.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Geebski@WifiCard7260 and @SupunRM,

I have you in my list (meaning that I sent you a PM with link for downloading the drivers), but I don't see a reply from me here in this conversation. Just to be sure: Did you all get the drivers downloaded ok? Did they resolve your issues?

...S

0 Kudos