Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

intel n2200 very unstable connection!

hh5
Beginner

I never had such a problem in windows 7 and 8 but in windows 8.1 I cant use wireless at all !

many peoples have the same problem in lenovo forum.

the connection go offline,limit access,too much lost packets in ping and...!

I also tried to install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1 16.5.3 but nothing changed !

------

lenovo y580

intel centrino n2200

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MBake3
Beginner

I'm having the same problem on my Lenovo Y580, same wifi card.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please note that the drivers provided in package 16.5.3 are for different wireless adapters (listed at the bottom of the page). This means that at this moment you are using a Microsoft* inbox driver.

A compatible driver for Windows* 8.1 is pending to be released. We will be notifying about upcoming drivers from Intel. In the meantime you may try updating your router's firmware or contact Microsoft* for assistance.

DNuke1
Beginner

I have the same laptop, the same wireless adapter, and almost the same problem. After upgrading to Windows 8.1, my adapter will not automatically connect, and after manually connecting, it takes several minutes before it actually works. Sometimes, I have to disconnect from my router and reconnect before it actually does connect. Annoyingly enough, the 16.5.3 driver is what I had installed before upgrading to 8.1, and it worked perfectly fine on 8.

Windows 8.1 has been out for almost a month, and it seems like a lot of people are having this kind of issue. Will the drivers be coming any time soon?

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am afraid we do not have an exact release date at this moment. We will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
BPane
Beginner

Is there any chance to get this driver in next 20 years? There are many peoples waiting to get this, and Lenovo says that is waiting for INTEL. On Lenovo forum users saying that helps the driver from Windows 7. We waiting more than two months! Please hurry up and get this DONE.

0 Kudos
ALeon9
Beginner

When will a new driver be released? Ever since updating to 8.1 my computer is has been barely useable because of constantly dropped connections or a complete inability to connect at all.

It's been three months since 8.1 and still no fix. Have you already abandoned support for this hardware?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
BPane
Beginner

Sorry joe, but this driver still don`t work. Still waiting...

0 Kudos
ETsan
Beginner

Although the 1.6.7 package does appear to support the Wireless-N 2200 network adapter (it is usable to some extent), the driver version for the device is still 15.10.0.12, and the network adapter does not at all work well under Windows 8.1 64-bit with that particular driver. When 802.11n mode is disabled in the advanced adapter settings, the intermittent connection drops do actually decrease in number; however, with N mode enabled, there are regular drops in the connection as well as timeouts while still connected. Also, the network adapter becomes unavailable at times and needs to be reset (not turned off and turned on but actually reset by re-installing the driver or restarting the laptop (Lenovo ideapad Y580). When will Intel have a proper driver for Wireless-N 2200 on Windows 8.1 64-bit? The current situation us simply not acceptable.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
HSack1
Beginner

I have a 2230 network adapter, Windows 8.1 and also the disconnection issue. I have updated my driver to 1.6.7 but the disconnection issue is not solved with this. In the release notes of the driver the 2230 adapter is mentioned but the update didn't sove the connection drops! It is only stable on g mode and disabling n mode.

0 Kudos