Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

latest intel network driver is broken

Jonb2306f
Beginner

the latest intel network driver update is un-useable, when trying to get online my network adapter doesn't appear, so i have to constantly troubleshoot my dell g7 7500 (2020) and reset the driver it work for a little until it decided it would just make itself broken again and i have to repeat the process. the kicker is that when i just delete the driver and reset it would just work as intended, my problem is that it keeps telling me to update when the update itself does not work.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jonb2306f

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the driver version you installed?
  • what installation steps do you follow?
  • Did you receive any error messages on the device manager?
  • What is your wireless adapter model?
  • Is this the original adapter that came with your unit?
  • Where do you receive the message to update the unit?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jonb2306f
Beginner

I Installed  Driver Version: 22.70.0.6 as for installation I had windows automatic updates on, there was an error code 43 that would make my network adapter more specifically the Wi-Fi would disappear. 

My adapter is Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW) it should be the original adapter I bought this laptop am using about an year ago Dell G7 7500. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jonb2306f,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jonb2306f

Thanks for the information provided; it has been helpful.

Regarding your issue, I would like to suggest a clean installing the latest Intel Killer driver for your unit. Keep in mind that Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from Dell. However, in case you want to continue with the process, refer to the following links:

Latest Killer driver packet (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html)

Clean installation wireless driver steps (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html)

Let me know the outcome of trying the clean installation.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jonb2306f,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jonb2306f,

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos