Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

my Desktop wont find my wireless connection

is there any reason why I have 3 devices and in the same location and my desktop is the only device that cant connect to my home network? i have an Intel dual Band wireless AC 3168 installed on my built desktop and this is starting to drive me mad. i have ordered for a wireless booster for my home internet but it really doesnt make sense why all the devices including my laptop can see the wireless connection...someone please help..the connection comes once in a while but its so slow i feel like breaking the computer apart...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello babajyde

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following details:

1. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?
  2. Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrated/replaced?
  3. When did it start to happen this issue? Did it work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.
  4. If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  5. Is there any error message? Or is there an error code in Device Manager?
  6. Router/Access point brand, model, and firmware version:
  7. Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Please provide details.
  8. How far is the computer from the router? Are there any objects that may be blocking/affecting signal?
  9. Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos