Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

no bluetooth control panel

MMark28
Beginner

running Win 7 with the latest updates. I have the following Bluetooth hw: AC-7265

I have followed the below procedure to install the latest intel drivers

I do not see the Bluetooth control panel. the bthprops.cpl file exists, but it doesn't show and can't be run manually

also, I can't open the Bluetooth Settings from the system tray icon

What's the procedure for restoring the bluetooth control panel/settings?

Mark

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

msandler,

Before we go any further, could you please be so kind and confirm if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory?

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

Yes, the wireless adapter is factory installed in a dell E7450

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

msandler,

Thank you for the information. Do you recall any software and/or hardware changes prior to this situation? Was it working before? Could you please be so kind and confirm which driver version you have installed?

In situations like this, Intel suggests to use the drivers provided by the computer manufacturer first. For your convenience, here is the a link where you may find your computer manufacturer's contact information for additional support: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

In this link, you may find important information that might help you resolve this situation: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007003.html Bluetooth® Technology Management and Configuration additionally, you may find other relevant pieces of information regarding this inconvenience: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth® Technology

Let us know if this helped you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

Aleki,

I'm in the same boat as many other users. my blue tooth was working prior to the july windows updates (which broke my bluetooth).

i'm now using your latest drivers (BT_19.00.1629_64_Win7) which Intel outlined in the artlcle i posted above.

my problem is during all the excitement of trying to get the bluetooth working again. my bluetooth control panel stopped working

do you have a utility/procedure to fix the bluetooth control panel? it doesn't seem to be part of the driver install

i can't access the bluetooth settings

0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

just to be clear, i can't access the bluetooth settings from the bluetooth icon in the system tray. when i select open Settings, nothing happens

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mnsandlers,

Did you remove the KBs that was causing this situation and tried to install the drivers and test your connection? Many users have reported that after uninstalling these Windows* Updates, they were able to use Bluetooth normally. Please check this link: /thread/104414 KB3161608 + Bluetooth

Please, let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

Aleki,

Did you read my first post? I followed that procedure and am still having trouble accessing the bluetooth settings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mnsandler,

Yes, we just want to confirm that both KBs (KB3161608 and KB3172605) have been removed in order to have the drivers installed successfully since this is the workaround there is at the momenet.

In this particular case, we recommend a clean installation of the drivers, below are the steps on how to do it. However, we would like to reinforce that since this adapter is the one installed by default, to first use the drivers provided by the computer manufacturer

1. Download and save the latest drivers for the adapter: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Package Version 19.1.0. The driver version for the adapter in this package is 18.33.3.2

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Let us know if this helped you.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

Still nothing. I don't think the bluetooth network is even working. it doesn't see my iphone or logitech bluetooth headphones. And still no access to bluetooth settings.

0 Kudos
MMark28
Beginner

I finally solved this myself. The Bluetooth Support Service was missing from my system/registry

the following link will point you in the right direction.

http://servicedefaults.com/7/bthserv/ Bluetooth Support Service (bthserv) Defaults in Windows 7

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mnsandler,

Thank you for your time to let us know that this situation has been resolved. We are at your disposal should you have any further questions or doubts.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos