running Win 7 with the latest updates. I have the following Bluetooth hw: AC-7265
I have followed the below procedure to install the latest intel drivers
I do not see the Bluetooth control panel. the bthprops.cpl file exists, but it doesn't show and can't be run manually
also, I can't open the Bluetooth Settings from the system tray icon
What's the procedure for restoring the bluetooth control panel/settings?
Thank you for the information. Do you recall any software and/or hardware changes prior to this situation? Was it working before? Could you please be so kind and confirm which driver version you have installed?
In situations like this, Intel suggests to use the drivers provided by the computer manufacturer first. For your convenience, here is the a link where you may find your computer manufacturer's contact information for additional support: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
In this link, you may find important information that might help you resolve this situation: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007003.html Bluetooth® Technology Management and Configuration additionally, you may find other relevant pieces of information regarding this inconvenience: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth® Technology
Let us know if this helped you.
I'm in the same boat as many other users. my blue tooth was working prior to the july windows updates (which broke my bluetooth).
i'm now using your latest drivers (BT_19.00.1629_64_Win7) which Intel outlined in the artlcle i posted above.
my problem is during all the excitement of trying to get the bluetooth working again. my bluetooth control panel stopped working
do you have a utility/procedure to fix the bluetooth control panel? it doesn't seem to be part of the driver install
i can't access the bluetooth settings
Did you remove the KBs that was causing this situation and tried to install the drivers and test your connection? Many users have reported that after uninstalling these Windows* Updates, they were able to use Bluetooth normally. Please check this link: /thread/104414 KB3161608 + Bluetooth
Please, let us know if this helped you resolve this issue.
Yes, we just want to confirm that both KBs (KB3161608 and KB3172605) have been removed in order to have the drivers installed successfully since this is the workaround there is at the momenet.
In this particular case, we recommend a clean installation of the drivers, below are the steps on how to do it. However, we would like to reinforce that since this adapter is the one installed by default, to first use the drivers provided by the computer manufacturer
1. Download and save the latest drivers for the adapter: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Package Version 19.1.0. The driver version for the adapter in this package is 188.8.131.52
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Let us know if this helped you.
Still nothing. I don't think the bluetooth network is even working. it doesn't see my iphone or logitech bluetooth headphones. And still no access to bluetooth settings.
Thank you for your time to let us know that this situation has been resolved. We are at your disposal should you have any further questions or doubts.