Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7898 Discussions

problem with wireless Intel centrino advanced-N 6250 AGN

idata
Employee

Hi, I am having a problem with my wireless device I guess.. my computer is TOSHIBA SATELLITE M645 S4050, it has WIFI and WIMAX together (Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250), the issue is when I am turned on my computer, after about half hour my WIFI stop works, then I have to enable the wireless network connection.. the message "wireless network connection cannot be found" appears, to fix this issue I have to restart my laptop and it start working again.. but in the same time the failure come again.. I have updated the driver, unninstaled the Kaspersky 2010 (now I have Microsoft Security essentials), but even that the issue is happen.. I only have like 2 months with my new laptop.

what can i do??? it is a hardware problem or software? anyone have this issue and fix it? Isn't because a conflict in wifi-wimax devices maybe?

the Wireless is Intel centrino advanced-N 6250 AGN.

I've identified the version and updates needed for my system in Intel support tools and it generates an result saying that my Intel PROSet/Wireless was not detected..

Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

i was having the same issue WIN8 64Bit. did everything i could think today.

finally tonight it was acting up again. i went into Network Connections > right clicked on Wi-Fi > Status > Properties > UNCHECKED Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

the adapter reset itself with the new settings and the activity came to life. has been solid ever since.

hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello mariana,

I understand you have an issue with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN adapter. Would you be so kind to provide the status of the device driver from device manager specifically when the issue happens? In order to get this information you may want to go to Device Manager in Control Panel, expand the Network adapter's category and double click in the described adapter above; the general tab shows the Device status.

You may try further troubleshooting steps like the ones listed from the article linked below or the suggested steps provided by houhou1997 or perhaps update the router's firmware. (You may need to contact the router's manufacturer.)

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm

idata
Employee

I had some what the same problem with my Wimax adapter, not working with my "Intel centrino 6250-N advanced /w WiMax", it was "missing" according to Windows. After a fresh install of Winodws7_x64 I could not install the proper driver from the dell resource CD. I tried all of the troubleshooting from Intel site and tried updated drivers from Dell, but no dice. But....

RESOLUTION:

On my Alienware M14X R2 my bios was very out of date(A01) after a crossing-my-fingers bios update to version(A12) the Wimax driver automatically was detected and installed. Problem solved. A interesting resolution would have probably spent more hours on it if my bios wasnt so out of date.

You guys can try a bios update, much luck to ya

SSher2
Beginner

I was able to fix the issue by disabling N in the wireless card settings. Haven't had an issue since.