Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7737 Discussions

"Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7" & "Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1" won't update

djkomic
Novice

Hello!
I've been having a lot of issues with the Asus connectivity (First Bluetooth, now Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7 and Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1)

First my Bluetooth would randomly disable itself, this prompting the 'unknown usb device descriptor request failed' to appear.
Now I noticed in the Device Manager that the Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7 & Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1 & V9.1#2 are giving error codes.

Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1 #2: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

When I select the drivers to update, it says they're up to date.
When I use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, it says everything is up to date.

Anybody have solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello djkomic,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Asus computer.

In this case, since you are having issues with an ASUS computer related to a Microsoft adapter (Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter) and a VPN-related software (Viscosity Virtual Adapter), my recommendation is to check this issue with Asus so they can run the tests needed to diagnose this computer.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos