Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

"WiFi" does not have a vaid IP configuration

tyler002
Beginner

I hope someone can help me! I have to use a wifi extender so I am able to connect to an XFINITY hotspot when before I never had too. I have just gotten the windows 10 Home version 1903 OS Build 18362.207 update. I have done everything up to the point of completely reinstalling windows 10.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
PMari4
Beginner

Try to setup manually your IP.

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
How do I setup the IP manually?
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I would like to know if you need further assistance?

If so, please run the Intel® System Support Utility to have the details about the drivers installed: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

• Have you tested installing the wireless driver provided by your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and the generic driver provided by Intel?
  • Is there any error on the Network Adapter in Device Manager? If so, please provide details.

I would also recommend you to check the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings, please check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

I have not heard back from you and I would like to know if you need further assistance?

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
Sorry I did not reply faster. I have to admit that I gave up on the whole situation. Nothing has worked and it gets depressing when you rely on you laptop to work and after an update it doesn’t. As I stated, I have went so far as reinstalling Windows 10. I do hope a solution is available soon. Thank you, Tyler002
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

I was able to see on the screenshots that you have provided before that apparently, there are 2 wireless adapters connected to this computer, so I would like to have more information about your system devices, please run the Intel® System Support Utility:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
You requested this information on 7/8/19 and I sent it to you I believe the same day, however I did not get a response regarding it. I am sending you the results of this new request and I hope it will allow some better in-site as to solving the issues I have been having. I also forgot to explain that I to plug in a second wireless adaptor (plugged into the usb port) because it is the only way I can get an internet connection. I never had to use it before.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

I am sorry, I am looking for the report on the previous post but I was not able to find it.

I will be waiting for this new report to bring you further recommendations.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner

I am sorry, I thought I attached it to the last reply. I am not helping the issue today. I promise to do my part. 😁

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

Thank you for the information provided.

Based on the system report, I would recommend you to perform the following steps:

• Uninstall the driver for this device:
  1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

• Restart your computer.

• Driver installation:
  1. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1.
  2. Open the file folder.
  3. Open the Install folder.
  4. Right-click on the Setup and select Run as Administrator.
  5. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion.

Note: If the issue persists after installing the Wireless driver provided by your OEM, you can test by installing the driver provided by Intel, following the same steps:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Family?product=75439

I also noticed that you have the latest version for Windows* 10 (1903). Do you remember if the issue started after this update?

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
Ok I will try your solution. Yes, this all started the second Windows* 10 (1903) was installed. I really wish they could get there stuff together. I try to be calm when dealing with Microsoft however there is only so many time I can take them telling me to run a SFC /SCANNOW and to uninstall then reinstall WIN10. That is their solution for everything and it doesn’t work for everything. I will let you know as soon as I can if your solution works or not. Thank you
0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner

Well, that too did not work. I tried both the Acer and then the one from Intel.

I did it twice. I don't understand why this has to happen every time Microsoft has an update.​

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello tyler002,

This is possible due to a hardware issue, so I would recommend you to check with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) if they can provide you with any specific testing for hardware. Another possible cause would be the new update of the operating system, however, you already have tried re-installing the operating system. As well, this issue could be caused by the miscommunication within the computer and the router/access point.

Our recommendations are:

1. Try to connect the computer to a different network/AP if possible.
  2. Is this a Wi-Fi issue only? Does it happen if you use a wired connection to the same network?
  3. Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled in BIOS.
  4. Make sure you are using the latest firmware update for the router/access point.

If the issue persists, my recommendation would be to contact your laptop manufacturer and look for further recommendations.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me. The solutions you gave me, although they did not work, were easy to do. How do I check the BIOS? If the BIOS are set right I will go ahead and contact Acer but I do think this was caused by that Windows 10 (1903) update. Thank you again, Tyler002
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello tyler002

Thank you for the details.

In order to review the BIOS settings, we recommend using the guidance from the ACER® since it is their BIOS setup.

In the meantime can you run the command line and with the ipconfig /all results.

·        Use Win key + R.

·        Type CMD.

·        On the command line type ipconfig /all

·        Please provide me with a screenshot of the results

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
tyler002
Beginner
Thank you for the reply. I did `a you requested and I have inserted them below. I had to do two screenshots in order to get it all for you. Thank you for your time, Styler002 [cid:image003.png@01D5409A.D0C8A7D0] [cid:image005.png@01D5409A.D0C8A7D0]
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

tyler002, You are very welcome, thank you for providing that information.

For some reason, I cannot open the screenshots, they just redirect me to the main Google page.

Is there any chance that you can send them again so we can further assist you?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

tyler002, Thank you very much once again for sharing that information.

For some reason, I am still unable to see the pictures, so what we can do is the following, once you open the CMD and enter the command line ipconfig /all, highlight all the information showing in the CMD window, then press Ctrl C and then open a notepad window and press Ctrl V to paste that information, after that save the file and attach it to this thread.

To attach the file, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon in the lower-left corner in order to do that.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos