Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

reopen AX200 EMC certification ARM/LINUX

LorenzoRossiExor
Beginner

Hi,

I  found following (closed?) post from Mr nicolas_colombain in 2021:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-EMC-certification-ARM-LINUX/m-p/1329455/thread-id/38775

but there it is said that information is sent privately by mail and that thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

He would like to perform EMC test (RF) on an industrial Gateway based on a ARM/Linux (5.1x) System On Module and asked for documentation/drivers/firmware to fix:

* channel

* power output

* Antenna mode

* Transmission rates in Mbps

* bandwidth (For example 20MHz, 40MHz)

I have the same problem: I need to integrate an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) module on an Yocto Linux based on kernel 5.10 and pass the certification test (FCC / ETSI)
In particular I am now trying to set continuous transmission mode.

Up to now I tried setting monitor mode and/or rebuilding kernel with CONFIG_NET_PKTGEN option set, in order to have the pktgen available (but is this only a work-around solution?)
Anyway, looking with a spectrum analyzer,  nothing happens...

The firmware I am using is iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0-59.ucode.
I know that other producer use a "twin" firmware which enable EMC settings, so I am wondering if I need a different firmware (in case could you give it to me?)

Could you please mail me the similare informations as it was required in above post (or updated ones if available).

Thank you in advance

Lorenzo.rossi@exorint.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lorenzorossiexor,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I appreciate that you referenced a previous thread that has a similar inquiry as yours. I just need to confirm though if that is applicable to your inquiry. Kindly answer the following question:

1. Do you need an EMC Test Report or an RF Test report or Type Approval Certificate?

2. Kindly share additional details on why you need the document or your purpose on why you need the information that you are asking.

Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LorenzoRossiExor
Beginner

Hi Alfred and thank you,
here my replies below your questions:

1. Do you need an EMC Test Report or an RF Test report or Type Approval Certificate?

R1: We need FCC and ETSI certification. Are these different certificates or are they produced with the above ones?
If FCC/ETSI certification do not exist, please send me all above (I mean EMC, RF and Type approval)
Some issues that can be required are:
-minimum allowed distance from human bodies
-minimum allowed distance between two of these devices
where are they given?

2. Kindly share additional details on why you need the document or your purpose on why you need the information that you are asking.

R2: The above point (1) regards certification of Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) module itself, but we also need to integrate it on our product (an Yocto Linux based on kernel 5.10 running on an IMX ARM64), so it looks like we need doing extra testing (or "Delta testing").
In order to execute these additional testing, the EMC certification lab may ask us to set the full product (wifi module mounted on platform board) in continuous transmission mode on a set of given channel, and test issues like power bandwidth, spectral density, noise immunity, conducted/radiated emissions, etc, but I didn'found instructions/sampe sw etc on how to achieve these conditions.

Thank you
Lorenzo Rossi

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lorenzorossiexor,

Thank you for the quick response.

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile regarding the information you are looking for, please check it out.  

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lorenzorossiexor,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to read the email that we sent. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lorenzorossiexor, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos