Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7719 Discussions

unable to install drivers for NUC 13 Pro

DTG0660
Beginner

I have an RNUC13ANKI5000U where many devices in the Device Manager are listed as having "Unknown manufacturer" and prevent me from installing divers.  I have attempted:

- many fresh Windows 10 installs

- automatic driver installs from 30 different network adapter driver versions

- manual installs from 30 different network adapter driver versions

- creating a support request with Intel (but the product menu seems to be broken as only one model of NUC is even selectable - even my SN# and SA# yield a "Product cannot be located" result when I try to check the warranty)

- cloning the HD from an older NUC (XNUC10I7FNH1) with fully updated drivers and inserting it into the current one and still getting no network abilities (it booted but would not let me log into Windows on my account or let me log in as a guest, so I couldn't check Device Manager)

other people who have had this issue in the forums have fixed it through manually installing drivers and trying different versions. I have tried every version Intel currently offers (see list below)using automatic installusing automatic installall versions of network adapter drivers I have attempted to install both automatically and manuallyall versions of network adapter drivers I have attempted to install both automatically and manuallylist of devices not workinglist of devices not working

product selection menu will only show products for NUC's with Celeron - even the support doesn't work!product selection menu will only show products for NUC's with Celeron - even the support doesn't work!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, you should be talking to Asus about this, not Intel. I know, pain in the a$$, they take forever to respond, but this is reality.

My first question is, Did you install the Chipset Device Software package for your NUC? This is the first thing you should - and must - install. Nothing should be installed until after this is installed.

My second (snide) comment is, You should *NEVER*, *EVER* clone your SSD if you are upgrading more that two generations different. All you are doing is asking for trouble.

...S

0 Kudos
DTG0660
Beginner

First of all, mine came direct from Intel and has nothing to do with Asus.  Apparently Intel discontinued this model and now Asus sells it under the same model number. It must have happened immediately after I go it.  But mine has nothing to do with Asus.  This is reality: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1784484-REG/intel_rnuc13anki5000u_arena_canyon_slim_nuc.html?fromDisList=y

No, I hadn't installed the Chipset package. This is my 5th NUC and I have *never* installed this before, so I would hardly classify it as a "must". I tried it now and there was no change.

Thanks for the advice, but keep the attitude to yourself.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

As Scott wrote, all NUCs support (NUC 7th gen and up) was moved to Asus. This is a download page for your NUC.

The first driver that should be downloaded and installed manually after installing Windows is the Chipset Device Software

So, download and install it, reboot your NUC and only then continue with the installation of other drivers.

Leon

0 Kudos
DTG0660
Beginner

Thank you, Leon.  Scott didn't say why I should talk to Asus, just that I should. Thank you for explaining and linking sans attitude, very much appreciated.

As mentioned before, I tried the Chipset software from the Intel site as per Scott's advice with no luck. I then tried the Chipset software from the Asus link you sent, also no luck.  I also worked on the other devices and their drivers and I was able to clear all but 4 devices:

Network Controller 51F1 - CNVi - tried Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack v 25.1, 26.0, 27.0, 28.0, 29.2.1 and all of the Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 drivers previously mentioned

PCI Data ASP Controller A77D - iGPU? (someone else with issues with this device were solved by Scott's Chipset Software rec)

Multimedia Audio Controller 51CA - downloaded specific drivers for this but no luck, probable won't care as I plan to use an ASIO interface

Base System Device A74F - GNA scoring accelerator (also should have been fixed by Chipset update?)

could it be hardware related? is the CNVi on the motherboard or on the card? would it be worth swapping the WiFi card from my old NUC to check - or is that swap also a bad idea? from Intel's page of CNVi:

"These CRFs can only be used with select Intel processors/chipset on systems/motherboards that is specifically designed to support it."

"Though you can insert these CRF into a standard M.2 Key E socket, they are only compatible with a system designed for the CNVi. Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer to verify compatibility."

Annotation 2024-08-09 013315.pngAnnotation 2024-08-09 013457.pngAnnotation 2024-08-09 013331.pngAnnotation 2024-08-09 013441.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I don't know if the Chipset Software was installed correctly. Any way, pls try again following my instructions:

1. Unzip the previously downloaded Chipset-Win10_Win11-10.1.19376.8374.zip on your drive.

2. Open the Administrative Command prompt

3. In the Command Prompt windows browse to the directory where you have the unzipped Chipset Software.

4. Copy the following command: SetupChipset.exe -overall and click enter to install the Chipset Software.

5. Exit the Command Prompt and reboot your NUC.

6. Next, on the Asus Download page for your NUC, select Windows 11 and download and install Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and Windows 11. Reboot your NUC.

7. Now download and install: Intel Serial IO Driver, Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver, Intel Wireless (WAN) Driver, Intel Ethernet (LAN) Driver, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, Intel Graphics DCH Driver, USB Type C Power Delivery Controller Driver, Intel GNA Scoring Accelerator Driver. You need to reboot your NUC only once, after the latest driver is installed.

Leon

0 Kudos