Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

upgrade for a Dell XPS9530

RDick9
Beginner

it comes with a Dell DW1560 / Broadcom BCM94352Z.  which offered Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Wireless Display & Near Field Communication(NFC).

I am looking to upgrade it to a better / faster and more upto date Wireless I know others have upgraded to a Intel wireless AC9260 I was considering the Intel AX200NGW  or simular could somone please let me know will this work or is there a better option. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If this adapter is supported in your laptop (something you have to verify with Dell, not us), the AX200 is a good choice, adding Wireless-AX, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5 support.

...S

0 Kudos
RDick9
Beginner

there appears to be 2 different boards that are similar from what I have read one is for Intel boards and one is for all others. Can you tell me which one i need?

Dell says they system is open.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, the situation is the exact opposite. Intel makes an AX200 IC ("chip"). In addition to intel themselves, there are a number of third parties that make M.2 Type E cards that include this AX200 IC. They all are essentially the same and they all use the same driver packages (WiFi and Bluetooth). Still, I would stick with the Intel version: https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-AX200-PCs-802-11AX-Bluetooth-NGW/dp/B07TLBNSZQ.

...S

0 Kudos