Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

v22.100.1.1 drivers feedback - Wireless-AC 9560 problems

StefanoBordoni
New Contributor I

About the

"Intel Wireless Adapter 9260 and 9560 unable to connect to WPA/AES wireless profile when
using driver 21.70.X"

after a pretty good start, ... the problem popped out again after 7-8 hours.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello @StefanoBordoni

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did this start right after the driver update?
  • Can you share with us a screenshot of the error?
  • What is the model of the wireless card?
  • What OS version do you use?
  • Is this a laptop or a desktop system? What is the model?
  • Doe this happen with other drivers?
  • Can you share with us a screenshot of the error?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
StefanoBordoni
New Contributor I

Dear David

Here is the generated file.

As you can see, this is quite an old problem, and I even found a workaround months ago (see this thread).

My current impression is that the situation is improved but not fixed.

After the first moment of frustration, I gave a second chance to the drivers, and they seem working fine until I manually select another wifi lan (to 2.4ghz one or to the mobile hotspot).

(I splitted 2.4 lan from 5ghz one).

To 'resolve' the situation, it seems I have to turn off the notebook, and then start it again.
(typically a problem of initialized or poisoned memory area)

So probably the fix in this new version solves only a part of the whole problem.

Best Regards

Stefano

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information. Let me investigate this request and I will get back to you. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Based on the previous thread, we recommended contacting the manufacturer and reinstalling the OS but with company assistance since this is an enterprise system. Please confirm:

• Did you reinstall the OS?
  • Did you contact the OEM? What was their advice?

As a friendly reminder, this system came with PROSet installed from the OEM that is why it reappears, it seems OS-related especially since the system is only accepting the inbox driver.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
StefanoBordoni
New Contributor I

Dear David

I am sorry for this delayed response.

Up to now, reinstalling the OS is not an option since I still use this notebook for work, and I would have many programs to reinstall.

I was able to survive with this problem, and I also bought a USB wifi card for emergencies.

As you can see from the 'old-thread', one of the problems seemed to be that from a certain version of the driver, a file changed its name and the old one wasn't removed.

The other fact is that problems disappear when using the Windows 10 root driver.

Naturally, I also tried with the OEM ones, but I still had the same problems.

With the latest drivers, the problems seem to be limited to password validation.

Once connected, the link seems to be stable and performant.

In the next days, I will try to see if the automatic wifi connection might play some role in these events.

Best regards

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We understand that reinstalling is not optimal for you right now but it's the recommended route for this problem, this is mainly because of the drivers that were installed on your system. We also recommend contacting the system manufacturer for support on their customized drivers and the operating system support, since no other drivers other than the main Windows driver work properly.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos