Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7622 Discussions

wifi 7,wifi 6E gig+ AX411 hardware support requiremets, What does vPro do

GeorgeChat
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam,

I couldn't find what the hardware requirements for wifi 7 are(for example can a 8th gen intel cpu support wifi 7, does the PC need to have a specififc type of wifi antenna to support the higher throughput and the 6Ghz range?).

In the same spirit can a 8th gen intel cpu support wifi 6E gig+ AX411 or is it limited to the AX210 protocol?

In general what is the highest wifi standart that an 8th gen intel cpu can support?

If the cpu generation is not sufficent information for the answer to the questions, the laptop I intend to upgrade is a HP Pavillion x360 14-cd008nv.

Also are vPro products intended for the average consmer or are they just for corporate use applications? If they are intended for the general consumer what do they offer over non vPro products?

Thanks for taking the time to answer,

sinsirely George.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello GeorgeChat,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We wanted to inform you that, regarding the hardware requirements for any wireless adapter and processor, it is your motherboard manufacturer that can provide you with what is compatible with their product.

In short, when it comes to compatibility, it is best that you contact your system manufacturer, as they are the ones who configure the motherboard or system.

For more information, please check out this link:

Furthermore, as for the vPro platform, the Intel vPro platform provides unique value to every segment of the computing ecosystem:

• For business PC users, the Intel vPro platform provides a premium computing experience, enabling high productivity in the workplace.
  • For businesses, the Intel vPro platform provides flexible management, hardware-enhanced security, and improved stability. These bring confidence, peace of mind, and control over computing infrastructure.
  • For system manufacturers, the Intel vPro platform becomes a framework for developing and delivering business-optimized computing to the marketplace.
  • For service providers, the Intel vPro platform offers mechanisms for adding value to PC deployment and infrastructure management services.
  • For software developers, the Intel vPro platform provides numerous opportunities to enhance business solutions with hardware-hardened capabilities.

For more information, you may check out this link as well:

And if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

GeorgeChat
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the help, i've contacted my computer's manufacturer and they've said:

"The Intel BE200 non-vPro might work, as may the Intel AX210 non-vPro, since your notebook has the Intel 7265 AC Wi-Fi adapter which requires two antenna wires to work properly. No guarantees though".

I suspect since the laptop has the "hardware"(dual-antena adapter) they are concerned if components will "play together nicely" software wise. So since Intel is the manufacturer of both the 7265 AC Wi-Fi adapter and the  Wi-Fi BE200 M.2 2230 Wi-Fi 7 + Bluetooth 5.4 non-vPro WW WLAN module I am hoping to intall.

The Question is: Are these components compatible witheach other?

Thanks beforehand,

George.

n_scott_pearson
Super User
  1. An 8th gen i5/i7 processor should be able to support WiFi7.
  2. The AX411 component requires a 600/700 Series chipset with CNVio2 support - which you don't have.
  3. Can't say beyond WiFi7.
  4. vPro is essentially a Corporate technology, but does have application wherein sophisticated consumers use it to manage multiple PCs. It requires vPro-enabled Processor, Chipset and Motherboard.
  5. I believe that using a vPro-enabled WiFi module in a non-vPro system will simply result in the vPro features of this module being ignored (meaning it runs like the non-vPro version).

Hope this helps,

...S

ACarmona_Intel

Hello GeorgeChat,

Thank you so much for the response.

I will raise the case with our engineers so we can provide you with an accurate response to your concern, and I will get back to you once the update is available.

In addition, one of our super users, @n_scott_pearson, has addressed your concern; kindly review it as you might find it useful.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos