Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7737 Discussions

wifi / bluetooth / graphic driver issues

UserID
Novice
Hello everyone,

recently I bought a second hand Razor laptop. None of the original hardware has been changed by me. Everything seems to work just fine except my Intel divers. (SSU attached below)

GRAPHICS: Though my Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver shows no issues on the device manager I sometimes happen to experience black screens when I exit certain programs as well as my space bar flickers through the screen from time to time while I am in game or streaming on full screen.

WIFI / BLUETOOTH: Since I last booted the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz driver on my laptop show a code 10. Additionally the bluetooth device as well as its Windows interface button is hidden. Flight mode can not be actived anymore.

Unfortunately the Intel Driver Support app can't be loaded without access to Wi Fi and my laptop has no ethernet port.

I read some older posts experiencing similar issues and tried to delete and reinstall my drivers properly but my system keeps reinstalling the WiFi software automatically soon after I deleted it showing code 10 again and again.

Please help! Thank you.

Best regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
UserID
Novice
space bar = task* bar
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For the wireless issue, I suggest you use my clean install process. In Step 1, interpret 'download' as download using another PC and then bring across using USB flash drive.

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Ensure Internet access is disabled. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go back to Step 5.
  10. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  11. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  14. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
UserID
Novice
Greetings Scott and thanks for your response!

I exactly followed your instructions and tried it several times but unfortunately the problem continues to exist just the same. The Bluetooth and Wifi functions of my device are still down. My Wifi driver continues to automatically reinstall itself as soon as I refresh the device manager leasing me without any chance to for a clean installation. Instead i am only able to 'repair' the driver if a apply the recommended exe file: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351

Uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth Software and driver Shows no effect at all.

Does anyone know how to deactivate or undergo the automatic reinstallation of the wifi driver of my system?

As I am using an Razor Blade 15 Advanced shouldn't I use this particular Firmware drivers instead? https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4572/~/razer-blade-15%E2%80%9D-advanced-%282019%29-%7C-rz09-0288x-drivers-%26-downloads

I would like to know what update or whatelse caused this situation. Even more because I didn't change any system settings as far as I can remember. Glad for any other help!
0 Kudos
UserID
Novice
The correct Razor Blade 15 model is RZ09-0301. I tried to delete the drivers and its software and reinstall it with the corresponding firmware drivers but without any success: https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3683/~/razer-blade-15%E2%80%9D-advanced-%282019%29-%7C-rz09-0301x-support-%26-faqs

Intel WiFi 6 AX200 keeps showing a code 10 warning and my bluetooth doesn't even show up in the menu bar ...
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello UserID,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, I will be happy to help you.  

Related to the graphics driver issue, please make a new post, and we will be more than glad to help you.

Please follow the same steps recommended by @n_scott_pearson, but this time installing the driver version 21.0.0.5 manufactured by Razer 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
UserID
Novice
Hello Andres and thanks for your response. I tried it another time with the right driver packages but again the same outcome.

I wonder why I keep struggling to deinstall the Intel WiFi 6 AX200? It appears again and again without any encouragement. No matter how often I uninstall the device it keeps coming back within a minute.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello UserID,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

The reason why we were trying to uninstall the drivers and try other ones, is to discard if the issue is the driver.

Please complete the steps below and let me know the results:

• Was it working before?
  • Check and enable the Bluetooth component from the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) setup. For guidance, contact the laptop manufacturer.
  • Clean install the Operating System. For steps, contact Microsoft.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, with all due respect, if you followed my algorithm exactly, there is no way that the drivers will reinstall themselves. You need to follow it exactly, performing reboots at all of the appropriate points and possibly a number of times. You also need to remember to disconnect it from the Internet at step 2 and keep it disconnected completely until the process is complete.

...S

0 Kudos
UserID
Novice
Hi again,

thanks for the advice @Andres_Intel. If I find no other solution, I will reinstall my operating system. Other users describing similar issues with Razer Blade models concerning wifi described this situation might reappeared after time though. Let's hope it won't be the case!

@n_scott_pearson I appreciate your corncern. Please don't feel offended by my incompitence. I am no professional and only here looking for help. I can only describe what issues appear on my system and repeat that for unknown reasons I am not able to uninstall the wifi driver permanently. As my bluetooth and wifi functions are down and my laptop without any without ethernet port, I can't say why it reinstalls itself again. But it does within 2 minutes without a click. I made a video that I would love to share here for you to see it. At the moment this driver issue seems to be the main obstacle.

Open for new suggestions. Cheers!
0 Kudos
UserID
Novice
Hello everyone,

the WiFi and Bluetooth services of my device are back online and work just the way they should after I did a cold restart. I wonder if this would have done the job all along?

As suggested will open a new post concerning the graphics driver issues if the flickering appears again.

Thanks again for your help!

a user
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello UserID,

Thank you for your response. 

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos