Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

wireless adapter problem

PapaUchapa
Beginner

just build a new pc, downloaded the intel wireless adapter drivers version 22.20 which is the latest version and it automatically put intel (R) wifi ax201 120mhz ad the adapter. at times it works just fine. then out of no where its impossible to use my computer. i tried changing the adapter but i get code 31 which is crazy since on the intel website it said version 22.20 supported that adapter. i dont have a USB adapter. another thing is, it says the connection isnt strong and im only getting 1 bar. i have verizon 5g and it worked just fine on my other computer. any help/solution?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, a new computer build. Did the AX201 come installed on the motherboard? If not, you are aware that the AX201 has to be mated with a board that specifically has support for CNVio2, right? You cannot just drop it into a generic M.2 Type E connector. Having a board with CNVio support is not going to work either; it has to be CNVio2.

That one bar comment also makes it sound like you don't have good antenna connections.

So we can be sure we are all on the right page, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories, generate the report and then have the tool Save the report to a file. Don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work. Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
PapaUchapa
Beginner

no, when i first booted up windows the computer wasnt able to find any wifi networks. i had to download the intel driver on my old pc to a flash drive and install on my new one. in my motherboards program "armoury crate" i installed all the drivers including an "intel wifi driver" and what do you mean good antenna connections? my wifi works just fine on all devices. and i dont have one of those usb adapters.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am talking about the antennas that you connected to the AX201.

Please answer my other questions and upload the SUU report.

...S

0 Kudos
PapaUchapa
Beginner

no ax201 did not come installed on my motherboard. and i dont know what you are talking about with the CNVio2

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, according to your mobo's spec sheet, the AX201 module is integrated onto the mobo, so you don't have to do anything other than connect the external antenna and load the driver software. Is this what you have done?

What kind of Wireless router do you have (i.e. does it have support for 160MHz Wireless-AX)?

From your report, I do not see the Intel Bluetooth driver package installed. This is important not only for Bluetooth support but also because the Bluetooth subsystem shares antennas with the Wireless subsystem.

...S

0 Kudos
PapaUchapa
Beginner

i never attached the antennas that came with the mother board. since the motherboard advertized it comes with wifi i thought it meant something else like it was a hotspot. sorry for wasting ur time you did help me think of it, so thankyou for your help and time its much appreciated 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Glad I could help. Now, is it actually working? Are you seeing the TX/RX speeds that you expected? And, out of curiosity, are you combining this capability with a similarly-equipped WiFi 6 Wireless AX Router?

...S

0 Kudos