oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Entitlement splitting

ServiceE2
Beginner

Hello,

I have a 5 seats entitlement for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer.

As I am currently migrating to a new platform, I would like to be able to split the entitlement to relocate one or two seats on the new server for testing purpose.

If I relocate the whole entitlement, I will no longer be able to use Parallel Studio on the old platform during the migration phase.

Thanks for advice,

Robert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Robert, you can use the redundant server setup that supports a triad configuration for backup and redundancy. This requires the use of three servers defined in the license file, two of which must be active to serve licenses.  

For more information, please refer to the below link:

Intel® Software License Manager User's Guide

0 Kudos
ServiceE2
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.

I have just tried to define a redundant server and regenerate the license, but get an error "Please fill in the mandatory details".

Is it possible to relocate a license after support expiration ?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Robert, we have sent you a private message and asked for some confidential information. Please check your community inbox and share the details with us via private message.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Robert, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos