oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1455 Discussions

Failed to install oneAPI HPC Toolkit on Fedora 39

pahensama
Beginner

Hi There,

I just installed the recently released Fedora Workstation 39 (AMD x86_64). I'm trying to install Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit following the instructions provided by official installation guide.

I created the oneAPI repository file and added it to configuration directory /etc/yum.repos.d.

When I try to upgrade the repositories,

sudo dnf upgrade

I get the following messages:

Intel® oneAPI repository 667 B/s | 287 B 00:00
Error: Falha ao baixar os metadados do repo. 'oneAPI': repomd.xml GPG signature verification error: Error during parsing OpenPGP packets: Parsing an OpenPGP packet:
Failed to parse Signature Packet
because: Signature appears to be created by a non-conformant OpenPGP implementation, see <https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/2351>.
because: Malformed MPI: leading bit is not set: expected bit 8 to be set in 11011 (1b)
Ignorando repositórios: oneAPI
Última verificação de metadados: 0:37:41 atrás em qua 08 nov 2023 09:38:09.
Dependências resolvidas.
Nada para fazer.
Concluído!

(sorry for non-english messages).

I get the same messages when I try to install Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit without dnf upgrade:

sudo dnf install intel-hpckit

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Paulo, please share the below details with us:

• Operating System build version.
  • Version of Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Screenshots of the error screen

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
pahensama
Beginner

Hi @Vipin_Singh1

Thank you for your attention. I will attend your request although I found a solution I'll comment later.

• Operating System build version.

Linux laptop 6.5.10-300.fc39.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Nov 2 20:01:06 UTC 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Version of Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit

intel-hpckit x86_64 2023.2.0-49438

(current version available in Intel oneAPI repository)

• Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.

Any.

• Screenshots of the error screen

Captura de tela de 2023-11-11 00-29-26.png

Further searches led me to this discussion about oneAPI installation without gpg check.

Thus, instead of

sudo dnf upgrade
sudo dnf install intel-hpckit

I did

sudo dnf upgrade --nogpgcheck
sudo dnf install intel-hpckit --nogpgcheck

Now the installation is finished. A simple 'hello.f90' compiled successfully.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Paulo, thank you for your confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.  

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos