oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Fortran Offline Installation Problem

OnurCanci
Beginner

Hi

I was trying to install Fortran on Visual Studio 2022 Enterprice version of 17.4.4. I am using OneAPI BaseKit 2023.0.0.25940 offline and OneAPI HPCKit 2023.0.0.25931 offline for this operation.

I installed the fortran while I have an internet connection. But I have to install fortan in offline environment, when I do that installation end up with fail. I check the log files and I get the issue.

Toolkits are trying to download a package form internet for Visual Studio. But occure an error because of offline environment. The package name is "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Graphics.EnableTools".

I can't send the log files because of company policy. But I send the pictures of the error.

if you need more data, please contact with me.

Thanks,

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Devorah_H_Intel

Microsoft fixed this issue in VS 2022 17.9 Preview 2, we checked with the latest preview version on our side and confirm that the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ron_Green

Make sure to read the Visual Studio requirements in the Fortran System Requirements document.  During the installation, Visual Studio will attempt to download and install any missing components in VS that is required by our Fortran compiler.  In particular, look for 'Desktop development with C++' component.  That needs to be installed in VS before you install HPC Toolkit or our Fortran compiler.

0 Kudos
OnurCanci
Beginner

Hello Ron,

Actually, HPCkits gives an error about "Desktop development with C++" component. But when we install this component, error disappears. And even if we install this VS component, we can't install Fortran in offline environment. 

We are using this toolkit versions when we want to install Fortran.  

OnurCanci_0-1695801670175.png

And also Visual Studio requirements is okay for our client that we are trying to install Fortran. (Windows 10 LTSC 1809)

So what can we do?  

Best regards.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Onur, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Onur, please note that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.1.0 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. For more information refer to the link: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Versions.  

We recommend you to perform a clean installation by removing the Visual Studio 2022 (17.4.4) and Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC toolkits 2023.0 then install Visual Studio 2022 (17.6.4) or Visual Studio 2019 (16.11.27) and latest version of Intel® oneAPI release (offline installer). 

Make sure you select the Desktop Development with C++ while installing the Visual Studio.  

You may find the below links helpful.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Onur, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

@OnurCanci wrote:

Hi

I was trying to install Fortran on Visual Studio 2022 Enterprice version of 17.4.4. I am using OneAPI BaseKit 2023.0.0.25940 offline and OneAPI HPCKit 2023.0.0.25931 offline for this operation.

I installed the fortran while I have an internet connection. But I have to install fortan in offline environment, when I do that installation end up with fail. I check the log files and I get the issue.

Toolkits are trying to download a package form internet for Visual Studio. But occure an error because of offline environment. The package name is "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Graphics.EnableTools".

I can't send the log files because of company policy. But I send the pictures of the error.

if you need more data, please contact with me.

Thanks,

Best Regards

This issue was further investigated by the Install team. None of oneAPI components trigger Microsoft.VisualStudio.Graphics.EnableTools to be installed.

Visual Studio logs show this package is pulled by the Visual Studio itself.

VS installation was incomplete or corrupted, and when the oneAPI installer launched VSIXInstaller, the Visual Studio was trying to bring itself up to date by downloading and installing missing / broken packages and eventually failed to do so due to lack of internet connection.

Recommendations:

1. Before installing oneAPI, make sure that the VS installation is complete and up to date.
  2. Consult with Microsoft on what is the proper way of installing Visual Studio on an offline system to avoid further download attempts.

As a last resort, try to download and install that EnableGraphicsTools.exe manually

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Microsoft fixed this issue in VS 2022 17.9 Preview 2, we checked with the latest preview version on our side and confirm that the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos