oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

GPG error

DrMN
Beginner

I am getting the following error message from dnf for each of intelpython, intel-daal-repo, intel-ipp-repo, intel-mkl-repo, intel-tbb-repo, intel-mpi-repo

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'intelpython': repomd.xml GPG signature verification error: Bad GPG signature

I have run dnf clear, deleted /var/cache/dnf, and even deleted and reinstalled the intel repository, all to avail.   Moreover, this problem seems to reoccur from time to time.

What is the solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
shivani19

Hi Nelson, could you please share the below details for further investigation: 

Operating System and Its Build number

Exact version of Intel® oneAPI toolkit.

Are you facing this issue after installing the product.

Did you tried to update the system? If yes, does the issue occur again.

Please share the screenshot of an error.

We would love to help!

0 Kudos
DrMN
Beginner

Linux desktop 6.4.13-100.fc37.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Aug 30 16:43:51 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

See the attached for error message and versions.

I have had the intel libraries installed for a few years.   It appeared after a recent round of updates.   Previously, some machines it was cleared by deleting the dnf cache.  In this instance, and on this machine, it persists after removing the cache, clear all, and etc.

Thank you

0 Kudos
shivani19

Nelson, thank you for sharing the requested details with us. Kindly refer to the below link and follow the steps carefully to setup the repository and then install the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/installation-guide-linux/2023-0/yum-dnf-zypper.html

Do let us know if the suggested troubleshooting worked well for you!

0 Kudos
DrMN
Beginner

Thank you, I am afraid I don't quite understand the instructions.    Here are the instructions in question:

If you have an existing installation of Intel® oneAPI Beta, remove it with the following command:

# If using YUM or DNF:
    sudo -E {yum|dnf} autoremove <package_name>
3. Setup the repository:

In the first above:

1) Do I have oneAPI?   I don't think it appears in any DNF listing.  But, I do have a repository called  intelproducts.repo.

2) What package name(s) am I entering?     Should that simply be all of the Intel packages that I have on the machine?

In the second:

3) What do I do about the existing repository setup?

Thank you

0 Kudos
shivani19

Thank you for sharing more details with us. Please don’t worry, below are the answers to your questions: 

1) Yes; you are right about the repository its: intelproducts.repo

2) The package name that you will be entering is "Intel basekit" please find the attached screenshot below for the exact command. 

3) You will have to delete the existing repository setup.

Please note that usually, GPG keys expire with time as they have a validity and expiry date. Hence, it is recommended to import the new GPG keys from the packages. 

Kindly remove the existing intelproducts.repo directory and create a new one by referring to the steps mentioned in this article https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/installation-guide-linux/2023-0/yum-dnf-zypper.html That said, creating a new repository will import the new GPG key which in turn will result in downloading the packages and will resolve the error that you are facing.

0 Kudos
DrMN
Beginner

The Intel GPU installation has Red Hat Enterprise but no Fedora.

0 Kudos
shivani19

Nelson, our engineering team has tested & documented the supported Operating System platforms for installing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits. We recommend that you use tested platforms to install the toolkit as we will not be able to provide support on the untested platforms. That said, installing the toolkit on the untested platform may or may not work and we will not able to provide support if it is not listed under the Installation guide. 

0 Kudos
DrMN
Beginner

That is not a reasonable response.

A)  Fedora is #8, compared to Red Hat at #62     see  this:  Distro Watch 

B)  I am not going to change my OS for you.

And,  certainly not for one that is far less widely deployed, designed for a vastly different use case than mine and exceeds my budget and that of almost anyone in my use case.

That answer really takes the cake, guys. 

0 Kudos
shivani19

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. We will share your feedback internally to the concerned team. You can stay tuned to our website to know the latest updates/changes in the compatibility list. Appreciate your understanding!

0 Kudos
shivani19

Nelson, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos