oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1397 Discussions

Help: Intel OneAPI Base and HPC for intel Mac 2023.2 releases

OscarN
Novice

Dear intel community,

Since last year I have been using intel oneAPI on my MacBook pro 2019 for the development of some scientific libraries. Everything works perfectly, but it happens that a couple of weeks ago I had to format my computer. I have been trying to find the old versions of oneAPI (2023) but I can't find them, is there any way to access a link or who can I contact to make the request? The intel libraries have served me well and I would like to continue using them on Mac OS.

Thank you very much, I will be attentive to your response.

OscarN

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Oscar, please be informed that macOS* supports Mac* computers with Intel® Processors. Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for macOS on x86 is now deprecated and will be discontinued in the 2024.0 release.  

For more information, please refer to the below link:

Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Oscar, Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for macOS on x86 is now deprecated and will be discontinued in the 2024.0 release. 

For more details please refer to the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-oneapi-toolkit-release-notes.html

Please note that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.2.0 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. Users with active priority support can only access older product versions.

For more information refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Version.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. 

FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

0 Kudos
OscarN
Novice

Hello Vipin_Singh1 !

Thank you very much for replying to the post. I saw the information in the link and I understand that from now on only Windows and Linux will be supported in the new versions. At the university we have a cluster with linux that has OneAPI installed and works correctly, but much of the development that I do is done on macOS. During the last year I did not make a backup of the OneAPI Base and HPC installers for mac because I did not know that in the future they were not going to be supported. Is there any way to access a repository or the latest version supported for mac? The use I am doing to these libraries is only academic. It would be really helpful to be able to continue with OneAPI since the core of the code we are developing is based on intel. Please

Vipin_Singh1

Hi Oscar please know that Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. 

Older versions are only available to those who have priority support. You may visit the link below to find out who is eligible for Priority Support.

FAQ Link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/priority-support#who-is-eligible

0 Kudos
OscarN
Novice

I just reviewed the criteria, and I believe I am apparently unable to use the Priority Support system. However, although I'm not sure if this is related or not, I logged into Intel Registration Center and both of the Toolkits I need are available, only in the most current version and not the one that works for me. Do you think there is something that can be done? I am talking to some IT colleagues at the university to see if they have any backup of the installers, but so far I have not had any success.

Another question, reviewing the requirements of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2023.2, it appears that the latest version of MacOS is not supported (I think I will have to do a downgrade if I can get the Toolkit). Do you know if macOS Ventura 13.6.2 is compatible with oneAPI 2023.2?

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Oscar, please be informed that macOS* supports Mac* computers with Intel® Processors. Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for macOS on x86 is now deprecated and will be discontinued in the 2024.0 release.  

For more information, please refer to the below link:

Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Oscar, thanks for accepting our solution. 

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

0 Kudos