oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

How to download VTune Profiler 2022.4.1

shineworld
Beginner

Hi all.
I've used successfully the VTune 2022.4.1 for my homing projects for a lot of time.
At now I've installed VTune 2023.1.0 (latest) and I've a lot of issues.

I would like to back to 2022.4.1 but I'm not able to find a link where download old version.

Have you any suggestion ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
shineworld
Beginner

I've solved temprary the issue which is in the reading of PDB file using a different
version of original 2023.1.0 VTune amplxe_msdia140.dll (14.34.31942.0) with an old msmedia140.dll (14.29.30005.0).

Seems that amplxe_msdia140.dll (14.34.31942.0) is not able to read correctly data from PDB and so VTUNE shows only function addresses instead of functions sources names.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AAM
Beginner

I'm in a similar situation. I do currently have VTune 2022 installed on my MacBook, but I read in the release notes that older Xeon CPUs are now deprecated and it apparently only supports 3rd-gen onwards. We have several 2nd-gen servers I'll need to retain the ability to profile, going forward. I'd like to try upgrading to 2023 at some point, but I didn't cache a copy of the 2022 offline installer. I've seen references to finding older versions in the registration centre at https://lemcenter.intel.com/ but when I go there it doesn't show anything. I don't remember being asked to register VTune on previous install (though it was a while ago). It's a free download so I don't understand why they can't just put the installers up on the Intel website for all the older versions (or at least the last release of each major version).

0 Kudos
AAM
Beginner

If anyone else is in my situation, I think I found a solution: in Finder, head to /opt/intel/oneapi/installer and run the installer application. Assuming you've already got the version of VTune you want the installer for, you can click Modify and download an offline version of the package. It doesn't say where it saves it, but I found it in ~/intel. I think you now have the complete package for reinstalling that version again.

It'd be a lot easier if Intel would simply host all the previous versions on the downloads site

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Silverio, we have contacted you internally to gather some information. Please check your inbox and respond to us internally as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
shineworld
Beginner

I've solved temprary the issue which is in the reading of PDB file using a different
version of original 2023.1.0 VTune amplxe_msdia140.dll (14.34.31942.0) with an old msmedia140.dll (14.29.30005.0).

Seems that amplxe_msdia140.dll (14.34.31942.0) is not able to read correctly data from PDB and so VTUNE shows only function addresses instead of functions sources names.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Silverio, thank you for sharing the solution with us. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new query as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos