oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1380 Discussions

I bought Intel® Parallel Composer Single Commercial Email (I needed C++ compiler)

Michelangelo
Beginner

I am trying to reinstall it now, but I get this error:

setup

Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed.

This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible

serial number.

I bought this product in Dec 2010.

I still have the email I received with details, serial number, and invoice.

From what I know this was a perpetual license. Why can't I install it now?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Greg_Anderson_Intel

If you have an active Intel Priority Support entitlement with Intel you can file a ticket seeking older versions of the compilers, libraries and tuning tools.  If your support has expired you would need to renew it to get access to older versions.  The license is perpetual in that whatever you installed as part of your purchase would work perpetually, Intel does not provide a permanent download for older discontinued products.

0 Kudos
Michelangelo
Beginner

Hi Greg,

I do have the software to install the product and the serial number. I do not need to download it.

I just need help in activating it with the serial number I have.

I think I am in the same situation as the user who started this thread:

Licencing issue with Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition 

he was helped via some private emails (understandably since some information cannot be made public in a forum).

That is the kind of help I am looking for.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Michelangelo, please note that older versions of Intel® Toolkits are not available publicly, only the latest version Intel® Toolkits and other latest products are available for download and installation.

Intel® has decided that Intel Parallel Studio XE, All Editions, All Versions and Intel Compilers Versions: 2024.0.2 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. We understand that this might be challenging, but it's important to note that the users with active priority support can only access older product versions.

For more information refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Version.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. 

FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

0 Kudos
Michelangelo
Beginner

Hi Vipin,

I understand Intel's position about using current products.

I am trying to recreate a development environment for a legacy product, and the SDK I have to use (an old SDK) states it needs this version of the compiler. The same SDK states Visual Studio 2010 as needed. And I am recreating that development environment.

I have the software and I can launch the install (I have the serial number, the copy of the invoice, etc), but it fails in activation so I am left with a trial that works for 30 days.

Please check my response to Greg Anderson. There is a link the of another user that was in my exact same situation. He was helped by Intel (in march 2023) via some private emails.

Could someone please help me in the same way?

Michelangelo

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Michelangelo, we understand your concern. But please note that older versions of Intel® Toolkits are not available publicly, only the latest version Intel® Toolkits and other latest products are available for download and installation. We understand that this might be challenging, but it's important to note that the users with active priority support can only access older product versions.

For more information, please refer to the link FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

0 Kudos
Michelangelo
Beginner

ok, let's try this one more time ...

I do not need help downloading or installing

so, when you say

"older versions of Intel® Toolkits are not available publicly, only the latest version Intel® Toolkits and other latest products are available for download and installation"

please note that it has nothing to do with activation.

I need help with ACTIVATION

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Michelangelo, you will need to renew your priority support to gain access to support for older products.

0 Kudos
Michelangelo
Beginner

I was not helped with my issue, so I am dissatisfied.

I understand Intel is not willing to help in my case, and that is a legitimate Intel policy.

I am not marking any answer as Solution.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Michelangelo, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check you community inbox.

0 Kudos