oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1292 Discussions

Installation of the base toolkit does not proceed.

WJJ
Beginner

I downloaded the bast toolkit and hpc toolkit for fortran compile (both online and offline)

When I run it, the oneAPI logo icon appears for a while and then disappears and nothing happens.

I tried the proposed work in the previous thread, but it didn't work in my case.
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/Base-Toolkit-Installer-does-not-start/m-p/1283773#M848

windows 11pro 22000.527
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022 (64-bit) - 17.1.0

The same symptoms were also observed on the labtop.
It is the same Windows and Visual Studio version.

Here are the toolkit versions I've tried:

w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.0.116
w_HPCKit_p_2022.1.0.93

w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.154
w_HPCKit_p_2022.1.2.116

w_fortran-compiler_p_2021.1.2.62_offline
w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.2.98_offline

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Hi WJJ and Hrmazloumi,

This is a known issue. Sorry for this inconvenience it may cause. We have documented the workarounds via this link.  

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ying

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Hrmazloumi
Beginner

Same issue here!

0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Hi WJJ and Hrmazloumi,

This is a known issue. Sorry for this inconvenience it may cause. We have documented the workarounds via this link.  

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ying

GaryGrayOrlando
Beginner

The effect on my PC was rather devastating... I had to restore my C: drive to an earlier date. Until I did that the Intel Installer would just crash, even if I removed Visual Studio 2022 altogether. 

Once I restored my system to a week ago I could proceed with OneApi on VS 17.06 and it seems OK so far... still installing.. been on 97% for 20 mins !!! I hope it eventually finishes !

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Jeon, our investigation has shown us that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel® oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel® oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

ArpanB_Intel

Jeon, we are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos