oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1291 Discussions

Intel One API 2022 & 2021.4 installers fail to recognise VS 2019 & 2022 installations

ShmarvDogg
Beginner

I have tried installing the latest OneAPI toolkit (2022) and an offline 2021.4 installer i had lying around and neither of them seem to recognise any version of VS that i install. 

I have tried this with:

- VS 2019 community (latest)

- VS 2019 Enterprise (latest)

- VS 2022 community (latest)

- VS 2022 community (17.0.6)

- VS 2022 community (17.2.0)

- VS 2022 enterprise (latest)

-VS 2022 enterprise (17.0.6)

Neither of the OneAPI toolkit installers recognise any VS installation that i install and do not install VS addons for DPC++ compiler.

I am running windows 10 latest release build fully updated, my system does meet minimum specs for OneAPI but it just fails to work. It did have a version of the 2021 toolkit installed and working at one point with VS 2019 but when i proceeded to upgrade i started getting these issues with installer not recognising VS install.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for trying it out. The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 has been released to provide a fix to the integration with Visual Studio 2022 17.1.x. Since you have installed the latest version, kindly update the Visual Studio to version 17.1.x. Make sure to select "Desktop Development with C++" component. Please keep only one Visual Studio installed (i.e. 17.1.x in this case). Thereafter repair the  Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 using its installer and then check the integration.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the below details.

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. From our understanding, you are facing issues integrating Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit with Microsoft Visual Studio versions. Do correct us if it is different. To start, please go through the below integration steps.

• Make sure to uninstall all the versions of both Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and Visual Studio first.
  • Then install a version of Visual studio first with "Desktop Development with C++" component selection and install a version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit secondly.

Note: To use Intel® compilers, a default workload "Desktop Development with C++" needs to be installed. At times, the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit may not integrate with the existing Visual Studio due to certain requirement limitations and the only workaround is as provided above.

The above integration would work based on the compatibility of specific Visual Studio versions with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit versions. Therefore, our engineering team has tested and validated a list of supported Visual Studio versions for the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit versions. We would recommend you choose from them.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

We would also like to let you know that our investigation has shown that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

·      Uninstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs.

·      Replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from a Visual Studi0 2022 17.0.x release. For example, from version 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. 

However, if the issue persists after following all the above details, then please let us know the below-given.

• The version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit installed.
  • The version & build number of Visual Studio installed.
  • A copy of the Info (using 'Copy Info') from 'About' of the Help section of Visual Studio.

The above information will allow us to check further. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ShmarvDogg
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestions, I have already tried most of them as explained below. I have also attached the info from VS 2019 about section at the end of this post.

I have read other bug reports for similar issues and specifically tried VS 2019 16.11.6 as it was listed as working on a compatibility table i found (and the one that you listed), i have re installed the entirety of VS multiple times from scratch including the installer along with swapping out the DLL as you suggested.

As for the version numbers both 2022.0.2 & 2021.4 dont work with any and all visual studio versions i listed in my origional post with the c++ desktop development component installed including VS 2019 16.11.6.

I want to note quickly that i have had a working install in the past but when i went to update my OneAPI install it just refused to work and since i uninstalled the 2021.4 toolkit before installing the 2022.0.2 one i am now unable to work on anything OneAPI related.

Here is the info from about on visual studio:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Version 16.11.6
VisualStudio.16.Release/16.11.6+31829.152
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2019 00435-60000-00000-AA469
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019 16.11.94.52318
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019

C# Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
C# components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

IntelliCode Extension 1.0
IntelliCode Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Linux Core Dump Debugging 1.0.9.31829
Enables debugging of Linux core dumps.

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards

Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package 1.0
Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package

NuGet Package Manager 5.11.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit https://docs.nuget.org/

ProjectServicesPackage Extension 1.0
ProjectServicesPackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Test Adapter for Boost.Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Boost.Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Test Adapter for Google Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Google Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

TypeScript Tools 16.0.30526.2002
TypeScript Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio

Visual Basic Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
Visual Basic components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

Visual C++ for Linux Development 1.0.9.31829
Visual C++ for Linux Development

Visual Studio Code Debug Adapter Host Package 1.0
Interop layer for hosting Visual Studio Code debug adapters in Visual Studio

Visual Studio Tools for CMake 1.0
Visual Studio Tools for CMake

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for getting back to us with the information on the thread. By the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.0.2 are you referring to version 2022.1 or 2022.1.2?

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version 2022.1 is compatible with Visual Studio 2019 16.11.6 as per the documentation provided in our last response. Therefore based on the response, it seems you are trying with  Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version 2022.1. However, if it is version 2022.1.2 we would recommend you try VS 2022 17.0.6.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ShmarvDogg
Beginner

I have tried VS 2022 17.0.6 with One API 2022.1.2 and it does not recognise VS during install process.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for your update on the thread. Please let us know the below details.

• Are there any other versions of Visual Studio & Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit installed when you tried the installations and integration?
  • Were the steps provided in our first comment followed for this integration?
  • Kindly provide a copy of the info of Visual Studio 2022 17.0.6.

Looking forward to your findings. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ShmarvDogg
Beginner

My apologies for late response, below i have outlined the answers to your questions in order.

At points there were other VS installs present but in response to your suggested approach it was a clean install of VS with no other versions of VS or OneAPI toolkit present.

I followed the steps outlined in the first comment.

I am unable to provide the information for VS 2022 17.0.6 as i have since uninstalled it and moved back to VS 2019. Apologies for this.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Kindly let us know the requested details. They will allow us to look into the issue further.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

It's okay. We understand. Thanks for getting back to us on the thread. 

Since you have moved to Visual Studio 2019, we would like to know if you are facing any issues in integrating it with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2.

If yes, please provide a copy of its info. If none, kindly let us know if this thread can be closed.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ShmarvDogg
Beginner

I have returned to VS 2019 16.11.06 and tried the new version of oneAPI toolkit released on 3rd of march 2022 (2022.1.3) and it still fails to find VS 2019 for integration. 2022.1.2 also still fails to find VS 2019. VS 2019 info below:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Version 16.11.6
VisualStudio.16.Release/16.11.6+31829.152
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2019 00435-60000-00000-AA469
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019 16.11.94.52318
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019

C# Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
C# components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

IntelliCode Extension 1.0
IntelliCode Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Linux Core Dump Debugging 1.0.9.31829
Enables debugging of Linux core dumps.

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards

Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package 1.0
Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package

NuGet Package Manager 5.11.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit https://docs.nuget.org/

ProjectServicesPackage Extension 1.0
ProjectServicesPackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Test Adapter for Boost.Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Boost.Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Test Adapter for Google Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Google Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

TypeScript Tools 16.0.30526.2002
TypeScript Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio

Visual Basic Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
Visual Basic components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

Visual C++ for Linux Development 1.0.9.31829
Visual C++ for Linux Development

Visual Studio Code Debug Adapter Host Package 1.0
Interop layer for hosting Visual Studio Code debug adapters in Visual Studio

Visual Studio Tools for CMake 1.0
Visual Studio Tools for CMake

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for trying it out. The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 has been released to provide a fix to the integration with Visual Studio 2022 17.1.x. Since you have installed the latest version, kindly update the Visual Studio to version 17.1.x. Make sure to select "Desktop Development with C++" component. Please keep only one Visual Studio installed (i.e. 17.1.x in this case). Thereafter repair the  Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 using its installer and then check the integration.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the below details.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ShmarvDogg
Beginner

VisualStudioFound.PNG

 Thanks for the help, i have finally managed to get OneAPI to integrate with visual studio, thanks for the help and you can close this issue now!

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ShmarvDogg,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update on the post. Glad to know that the integration has been successful. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos