oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1301 Discussions

Intel OneApi 2023.2 Installation Issue with MS Visual Studio 2022 (v 17.7.4)

Oscar08
Beginner

Hello users,

I want to upgrade the usage of fortran in abaqus solver in order to get better performance in typing code. But it seems VS2022 is disintalled during the Intel packages intallation. Do you have the same issue?

Downloaded and installed in order:

abq2023

VS2022 community 17.7.4

VS2022 Build tools 17.7.4

Intel OneApli 2023.2 Base toolkit

Intel OneApli 2023.2 HPC toolkit

Corresponding linking of variables and files.

VS2022 is not able to open any fortran project in my local folder, or any individual fortran file, BUT abaqus detected the subroutines and run correctly the jobs. However, I need to operate with fortran files and the compiler.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Best Regards,

Oscar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Oscar, we would like to inform you that Visual Studio version 17.7.4 has not been tested and validated from our engineering team. It may or may not work with the Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2023.2.

We recommend you, refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html , use the tested and validated Visual Studio version with the Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2023.2.

0 Kudos
Oscar08
Beginner

Hi,

Okay, I will. Thank you for the information and the tables.

Best Regards,

Oscar

0 Kudos
lynch730
Beginner

I also encountered compatibility problems with VS 2022 17.7.4 and oneAPI 2023.2, but so far as I can tell, the listed versions of VS 2022 (17.2.6 and 17.6.4) are no longer available for the community version of VS 2022 (current release is 17.7.4).

What is a non enterprise/professional user of VS/oneAPI suppose to do in this situation? Rollback to VS 2019? 

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Oscar, we have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Oscar, we suggest you to contact Microsoft Technical Support team and ask for the compatible Visual Studio version for Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2023.2.

Also, you can try to use the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.27 version and integrate with Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2023.2.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Oscar, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos