oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Licencing issue with Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition

Li__Jun
New Contributor I

I bought a perpetual license for Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows in 2012 . I reinstalled the software a few times without any problem before due to changing of computers . Recently, my hard drive got replaced and I need to reinstall Intel Parallel Studio XE, but I am getting  the following message “ Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number.”  I appreciate your help in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Great.  I can install it now. Thank you so much for your help and your patience, ArpanB_Intel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Jun, we have contacted you internally to gather some information. Please check you inbox and respond to us there as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB_Intel,

Thank you for the reply. I did receive the private message. I directly replied that email with my license number, but somehow I got the following error message:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Intel Community (noreply@community-mail.intel.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, querying the Domain Name System (DNS) for the recipient's domain location information failed.

Can you please help on this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, thank you for the update. We were able to receive your message internally.

We have checked the license in our database. We see that the support of the license has expired in mid 2013. If you are installing a product which was released past that date, you will not be allowed to proceed with the installation by the installer. Could you share the exact version for the installer and the full name of the product you are trying to install?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB_Intel,

Thank you for the reply. Please find the order summary below.

Product: Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows* with IMSL*
Vendor: Lifeboat
Version: 2013
License Type: SingleUser
Number of Seats: 1
Quantity: 1
Support Code: academic
FulfillmentType: ESD

The installation file is w_fcompxe_2011.11.344.exe. Please let me know if you need any other info.

Jun

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, your license does not entitle you to install the Fortran compiler with IMSL libraries. Thus, you are encountering the error during the activation of the product.

We have contacted you internally and shared the correct package link with you. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB_Intel,

Thank you again for your help. I replied your private message. Could you please help? 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, thank you for sharing the update.

We believe the latest error is related to the older license files in the license directory. Please visit to below location & clear if there is any old license files and then proceed with the installation:-

The old license files will be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

We await your findings.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB_Intel,

I checked the directory you mentioned. The folder is there, but it is empty. This should not be surprising because this is a new hard drive and I have never installed Fortran on it before. Please advise. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, could you share the installation log files with us?

To know where to find them, visit here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/troubleshooting/where-can-i-find-the-installation-log-files.html

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB_Intel,

Please see the installation log file in the attachment. Thanks again for your kind help.

Best,

Jun

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, thank you for sharing the log file. We will check and share our findings here.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Thank you, ArpanB_Intel. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, we checked the installation log file.

We see that the installation of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Cluster Edition is being attempted. Please note that your license does not entitle to install that software. Please make sure you only install suites released prior to 9/6/2013(MM/DD/YYYY).

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

HI ArpanB_Intel,

Thank you. I am confused about the description that "the installation of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Cluster Edition is being attempted". The installation file (w_fcompxe_2011.11.344.exe) is on my hard drive, which was saved on my computer on 09/06/2012 (see attached figure).  I did not request the installation of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Cluster Edition and I do not know how this attempt is being made.

Could you please help? Thank you again for your patience and your kind support.

Jun

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

HI ArpanB_intel,

I think I know why you saw the attempt to install the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Cluster Edition.

At one point this month, I downloaded the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 Cluster Edition installation file, and I tried to install it without completion. That could generate the folder with installation log file.

After I removed that folder, and installed the 2011 version using w_fcompxe_2011.11.344.exe, until it asks for the serial number, it does not generate the installation file under the folder:

%temp%\pset_tmp_ISS<version>_<username>

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Thanks.

Jun

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, thank you for sharing the clarification with us.

We have shared some information internally with you regarding the installation issue. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Thank you again, ArpanB_Intel. I look forward to your update.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, we have shared a new update with you internally. Please check your inbox for more information.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Jun, we have contacted you privately with some information. Please check your inbox and let us know if your issue is resolved now.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Great.  I can install it now. Thank you so much for your help and your patience, ArpanB_Intel.

0 Kudos