oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Obtaining license files for older versions

BruceCheng1997
Beginner

Hi, I am a PhD in sustech (China). I have recently become in charge of maintain a local HPC cluster at our lab and am currently in the process of installing software via easybuild.

Our certain software requires older versions of the intel compilers (icc, ifort) to be installed. The requirement is as follows:

BruceCheng1997_0-1662642600780.png

When I am trying to download the first module 'netCDF/4.6.1-intel-2018b', I got an error saying that 'no viable license specifications found'. I don't know where I can obtain the vaild license for intel 2018b toolchain, and could you post the link for me? If I need to purchase it, can you also tell me which product I should buy?

All the best.

Yours,

Shaoxu Zheng

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi BruceCheng1997,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please note, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE (the suite that contained the compilers' version 2018) as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration is outside of our scope.

However, if you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to avail Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. The toolkit license contains the suite as its component. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase. They will be able to assist you better regarding it

Resellers' Info Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Note: The license would be backward compatible in nature i.e. it would work with the older versions of the product.

Once you have the commercial license, you would be eligible for Priority Support. Please create a support ticket with us via the Online Service Center mentioning your license serial number and required product version. The 2018 version is an old and unsupported product version in nature. Your request will allow us to check for the version updates with our resources.

Online Service Center Linkhttps://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi BruceCheng1997,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please note, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE (the suite that contained the compilers' version 2018) as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration is outside of our scope.

However, if you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to avail Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. The toolkit license contains the suite as its component. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase. They will be able to assist you better regarding it

Resellers' Info Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Note: The license would be backward compatible in nature i.e. it would work with the older versions of the product.

Once you have the commercial license, you would be eligible for Priority Support. Please create a support ticket with us via the Online Service Center mentioning your license serial number and required product version. The 2018 version is an old and unsupported product version in nature. Your request will allow us to check for the version updates with our resources.

Online Service Center Linkhttps://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
BruceCheng1997
Beginner

Hi 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Shaoxu,

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread. Glad to know that you have emailed our internal team and are considering a purchase option. Hope it works out one way or the other. Proceeding further, we are closing the thread as the primary concern has been addressed and the resellers would be able to assist you better regarding any purchase-related concerns.

However, if you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

As mentioned before, once you have a commercial license, you would be eligible for Priority Support. Please feel free to create a support ticket with us via the Online Service Center regarding the product version concern.

Online Service Center Link: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Hope you have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos