oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Re: Re:Vtune analyzer (2020.02) does not display the working tabs

drMikeT
New Contributor I

Hi Arun, thanks for the response.

I tried to install the latest OneAPI Base toolkit over the web but the local installer (l_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2883_offline.sh) claims that the MKL component is corrupted and it stops proceeding... 

I tried using the CLI of the installer but it also hangs with ERROR "Cannot create directory" 

Can U let me know how to install locally OneAPI components using Python? I'd like to get both Base and HPC toolkits.

BTW, has the "classic" Parallel Cluster Studio XE been discontinued?

The target is Linux CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

thanks

Michael 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Michael, it is true. Intel® Parallel Studio XE has now been discontinued and transitioned on to Intel® oneAPI.

Coming to your query, if you encounter a corrupted web installer message, we suggest you to download the local installer and try again. Installations using a local installer are much more stable as compared to a web installer. Also, please check whether you have the permissions to create a directory or to write a file to the selected directory.

0 Kudos
drMikeT
New Contributor I

Thanks for the response!

Can you provide if possible the command line steps to install through the local installer CLI? Using the GUI hides details that may be important to resolve this. I have downloaded the local installer again but I am hitting the same problem, while using the GUI. I do have access to the destination directory.

Note that I am running this behind our company's firewall in case the installer is trying to download updates or other components.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Michael, please visit this link> https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/installation/install-with-command-line.html, for guidance on how to install the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit with Command Line.