oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

When installing Vtune missing XCB and DRM

Jose2001
Beginner

When trying to install the Vtune Profiler I get that two packages (XCB and DRM) are not installed, when in fact they are installed as seen in the pics I attached. Thank you for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jose, we tried to replicate your issue on our testing environment. However, we were unable to see any error while installing the Intel® VTune™ Profiler.

Please try a clean installation following the below steps:

1. Update your Linux distribution system
  2. Download a fresh copy of Intel® VTune™ Profiler
  3. Remove all the previous instances of Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
  4. Try installing the product again.

Please let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of an error.

0 Kudos
Jose2001
Beginner

Hello and thank you for responding,

I followed the instructions and I still get the same error as was in the picture I attached.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jose, we understand your concern. As we mentioned earlier, we tried to replicate your issue on our testing environment with the same Operating System and Version. However, we successfully installed the product without any error.

We would like to inform you that Intel® VTune™ Profiler is an analyzer, which is graphics intensive tool. We recommend you refer to the Intel® VTune™ Profiler System Requirements link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/vtune-profiler-system-requirements.html and check if your system is matching the minimum hardware and software requirements.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jose, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos