oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

Yum installation of OneMKL results in conflict error

jpharr
Novice

Hello,

I am working with a CentOS7-based Singularity container where I install OneMKL following these instructions: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/installing-intel-oneapi-toolkits-via-yum.html

After adding the OneAPI repository to /etc/yum.repos.d, I run:

export MKL_VERSION=2021.1.1
yum -y install intel-oneapi-mkl-${MKL_VERSION}.x86_64

Previously this completed without errors, but now runs into the following conflict error:

---> Package intel-oneapi-openmp-common-2021.1.2.noarch 0:2021.1.2-266 will be installed
--> Processing Conflict: intel-oneapi-common-vars-2021.2.0-195.noarch conflicts intel-oneapi-common-licensing < 2021.2.0
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: intel-oneapi-common-vars conflicts with intel-oneapi-common-licensing-2021.1.1-2021.1.1-60.noarch
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

The source of the issue therefore relates to intel-oneapi-common-licensing:

dependency: intel-oneapi-common-licensing
   provider: intel-oneapi-common-licensing-2021.1.1.noarch 2021.1.1-60
   provider: intel-oneapi-common-licensing.noarch 2021.2.0-195

Any thoughts on what one would need to do to resolve this? Unfortunately using --skip-broken is impossible as it prevents installation of several key components.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jpharr
Novice

Further to my previous response,

I investigated a little further and found that if I swap the OS to CentOS8 without making other changes to the recipe, that is:

Bootstrap: docker

... then the installation works.

Best wishes,

Jesse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Jesse, could you please confirm whether you have multiple versions of Intel® oneAPI installed on your system or not? Please note that having multiple versions of the product on the same system might not work. From the error message you had shared, we believe that you might have 2021.1.1 version of the compiler already installed on the system.

0 Kudos
jpharr
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm that there are no other versions of Intel® oneAPI installed. I have attached a minimal Singularity container definition file + associated .repo file for reproducing the error, which appears when building a new container.

As .def and .repo file extensions aren't supported by the forum, I have added these as .txt files (to use them, they will need to be renamed to mkl_conflict.def and oneAPI.repo).

On a system with Singularity installed, the container can be built with:

sudo singularity build mkl_conflict.sif mkl_conflict.def

For ease of viewing, I will also write out the contents of the files.

oneAPI.repo:

[oneAPI]
name=Intel(R) oneAPI repository
baseurl=https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
repo_gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=https://yum.repos.intel.com/intel-gpg-keys/GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB

mkl_conflict.def:

%files

oneAPI.repo /etc/yum.repos.d

%post

yum -y update

export MKL_VERSION=2021.1.1
  yum -y install intel-oneapi-mkl-${MKL_VERSION}.x86_64

I have also attempted this variation to no avail:

Bootstrap: library

Cleaning the Singularity cache had no impact on the overall result and the problem has also been replicated by colleagues. We suspect there may be a recent problem with the repository, as previously there was no issue.

Many thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
jpharr
Novice

Further to my previous response,

I investigated a little further and found that if I swap the OS to CentOS8 without making other changes to the recipe, that is:

... then the installation works.

Best wishes,

Jesse

0 Kudos