oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

oneAPI installation failure "Sequence execution failed"

robbieburns
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to install the OneAPI base toolkit, and it failed (after rolling back the entire install).  

Repeating the install (with re-download of the packages for some reason not cached) gave the exact same error

this error was mentioned in another post that has been locked by the moderator

https://community.intel.com/t5/Registration-Download-Licensing/Sequence-execution-failed-when-installing-oneAPI-Base-Toolkit-on/m-p/1243538

Unfortunately I could not find the forum mentioned by the moderator, to which he redirected this query and from which there would have allegedly been a "faster response":

Hi Andrea,

As your issue is related to oneAPI toolkit Installation/Setting up the environment, we are having a dedicated forum where any issues related to Getting Started questions (registration, sign up, download, licensing, or installation) are answered.

So, we are redirecting this thread there for a faster response.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

I am not able to get the install log as this appears to have been deleted along with the installation rollback (see attached screenshot).

I am trying the install on Windows 10 Home 20H2 (a Gemini Lake refresh laptop; granted its low end but it should still work).

This was attempted using the online installer w_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2871.exe (and failed; twice).

Also there is no caching of downloads which meant the installation files downloaded twice.  

thanks

Rob.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
robbieburns
Novice

SOLVED

The problem appears to have been caused by the Hard drive (C:) being set to "Compress this drive to save space".  

This setting appears to cause the installation program to get out of sync somehow.    Removing drive compression fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
robbieburns
Novice

SOLVED

The problem appears to have been caused by the Hard drive (C:) being set to "Compress this drive to save space".  

This setting appears to cause the installation program to get out of sync somehow.    Removing drive compression fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi robbieburns,

Thanks for posting your concern and providing the update on the post. Based on your reply to the post, we are closing the thread. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya