oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1281 Discussions

oneapi - install packages to new environment breaks everything

pierrecurie
Employee

On win10 enterprise

1) install intel distribution for python v 2022.0.3

2) conda create -n foo

3) conda activate foo

4) conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cpuonly -c pytorch

5) multiple error msgs saying

"Could not find a suitable TLS CA certificate bundle, invalid path: <install location>\intelpython\latest\lib\site-packages\certifi\cacert.pem"

6) After this, the installation is dead - conda is not recognized.

A possible cause is that normally, <install location>\intelpython\latest is a shortcut for <install location>\intelpython\python3.9; at this point however, it's no longer a shortcut, and instead a normal folder.  Deleting this folder and turning it back into a shortcut is not sufficient.

Possible contributing factor: I've installed/uninstalled this thing several times to fix unrelated problems...  Am I failing to clean up after the uninstall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pierrecurie
Employee
  1. Completely purged VS/oneapi/.condarc
  2. The .dll you mentioned no longer exists, so probably a good thing
  3. reinstalled oneapi, same bug
  4. deleted the latest soft link, and renamed python3.9 to latest
  5. now... it seems to work?

I have no idea why things behave the way they do, but my new workaround seems to be working.  Minor inconvenience aside (start menu launcher missing, but I created my own .bat to call setvars.bat), I consider my issue resolved.

Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Yinbo, please confirm the below scenarios:

• Do you have any older version of toolkits installed
  • Did you manually uninstall the toolkits during the uninstallation process
  • Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio installed? If so, please share the version with us

0 Kudos
pierrecurie
Employee

1) I don't think so - I've only ever tried intel distribution for python

2) I started with auto uninstall via the provided .exe.  Then I searched the disk for .conda/oneapi/other related folders and manually deleted those as well.

3) Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 - Version 16.11.12

a) This didn't change, and I didn't have these errors on earlier attempts

b) Would removing integration help?

4) Forgot to add that I recently changed the install location from C:\program files\... to C:\users\<username>\...  Is this potentially important?

For now, I've found out that shortcuts and softlinks are not the same... not that it matters, because the softlink is overwritten by a folder, leading to the same error.  It seems that turning <install location>\intelpython\latest into a full copy of <install location>\intelpython\python3.9 seems to work for now (huge waste of HDD space, but it works for now).

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Yinbo, please follow the below steps>

1. Close Intel® installers if any.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  3. Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  4. REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  5. command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  6. Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.

Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI. See the full list here> Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and Xcode*.

0 Kudos
pierrecurie
Employee
  1. Completely purged VS/oneapi/.condarc
  2. The .dll you mentioned no longer exists, so probably a good thing
  3. reinstalled oneapi, same bug
  4. deleted the latest soft link, and renamed python3.9 to latest
  5. now... it seems to work?

I have no idea why things behave the way they do, but my new workaround seems to be working.  Minor inconvenience aside (start menu launcher missing, but I created my own .bat to call setvars.bat), I consider my issue resolved.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Yinbo, thank you for sharing the solution with us. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos