Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20718 Discussions

Cyclone III Kits shipping

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I only see the Cyclone III starter kit on the web. Is anyone aware of whats else is coming and when? 

I am looking to get a new Nios kit and would like to get the Cyclone III instead of the other ones just to get more familiar with the Cyclone III devices. 

Z:)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you follow a different path on the Altera web site, down through product->cycloneIII->design resources, you can see the kits and roughly when they are due to hit the streets. 

http://www.altera.com/products/devices/cyclone3/design/cy3-design-resources.html#devkit 

Two kits in Q3, basic development and an eval. NIOS in Q4 along with DSP and video. Altera sales people may have more precise (acurate) info.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. This is the info I am looking for. Unfortunately, I cannot wait for any of the other kits.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As I was informed, looks like that there will be 2 base dev kits for Cyclone III. One that is available with a medium size Cyclone and another with the biggest Cyclone III with 120K LE. And the other Cyclone III kits will be built using daughter cards that you will be able to buy separately if you want. 

This information still needs to be checked with Altera.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, now that you have said that I do recall a conversation with someone at Altera that indicated the same thing.  

Ziad
0 Kudos