Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20737 Discussions

Need help deciphering date and facotry codes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to find information figureing out what the top and bottom markings on an Altera MAX EPM7256ATI144-10 mean. I have searched the Altera website but i could not find much information on product marking. I am particulary intereseted in the meaning of the bottom side markings. My parts are marked on the bottom with: 

VAC273336 

0037 A N 

I would like to know what this means and if possible if it contains a date code and place of manufacture. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Assuming standard dating format is used, 0037 may be the date code. It means year 2000, week 37 (Septemberish...)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. I'm trying to find an official altera document stating what the bottom side markings mean. If the 0037 is a date code, then it does not correspond to the date code on the top of the part. We recieved this parts and are suspicious of their origins. I would like to ind out exactly what they are, and if they have been relabeled or tampered with, I want to find definitive proof. The markings on my parts are as follows: 

ALTERA 

MAX 

EPM7256ATI144-10 

T CAC270743A 

VAC2732532 

301TA7VAQ 

bottom 

VAC273336 

0037 A N
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

not sure if its published or not, but its kind of a double edged sword publishing that kind of information. once the counterfeiters have the same data they can print the correct lot codes on the fake parts. 

you might ask Altera (or your distributor) directly in an SR if those are legal date codes
0 Kudos