Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Advisor 2015 XE not working with Visual Studio 2015

Buddhika_C_
Novice

I had installed Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 5 on a Windows 10 Pro x64 machine.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 worked with Inspector, Amplifier, and Advisor showing up in the VS menu bar.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 worked only for Amplifier. How to fix Intel Inspector 2015 XE and Advisor 2015 XE with Visual Studio 2015 please help.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
James_T_Intel

Inspector and Advisor did not add support for integration into Visual Studio 2015 until the 2016 Update 1 release.  You will need to either update to these versions or use the standalone GUI for the 2015 version.

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

HI James,
Firstly thanks for you reply,I've built an exe using VS2015 and attached with Advisor 2015 (latest updated version came up with 2015 update 5),after collecting data advisor given some errors rather than expected results.I will attach some screenshots later if you want to analyze.
Is there any other way to integrate Advisor 2015 with VS2015 rather than updating to 2016 update 1 please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

No, the integration is done via our installer, and the 2015 installer will not perform this integration, as it was not supported at this time.  Why can't you go to 2016?

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

Yeah I will try, problem is I don't have a superb internet need more capacity to download.Please can you explain the procedure ,how to upgrade current 2015 update 5 to 2016 update 1 once I've downloaded the 2016 setup.Do I want internet ? is it a online process? 

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

You can use the online installer or the offline installer.  The offline installer will require you to download the entire installation package, but if you have a download manager, I would recommend this method.  If you're installing the entire suite, you can also download one component at a time.  This will take more download time in the long run, but since the individual components are smaller than the entire package, this might work better for you.

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

Hi James,
Can I upgrade current 2015 version to 2016 version  through offline procedure using previous 2015 lic file?

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

You'll need to get a new license file for the 2016 version.  Please see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016 for details.

0 Kudos