Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Annotation files

newport_j
Beginner

I have the tutorial and some information in a very large html file that discusses Intel Advisoe xe 2013. I do not have much about annotations. That is critical, once you have found hotspots in your program that you are seeking to parallize.

Where can I find in the literature for Intel Advisor xe 2013 (for linux) where it talks about annotations, the types and what they are used for.

Also where can I find a copy of the main reference document that is in doc or pdf format. These are the files formats that my Kindle Fire can read - not html.

Any help appreciated.

Newport_j 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, I am researching your question and will post a response shortly. Thank you for your patience. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, The information about "talks about annotations, the types and what they are used for" and everything else about Intel(R) Advisor XE can be found in this directory: /opt/intel/advisor_xe/documentation/en/help (open the file index.htm) You can search the documentation for information on annotations. I am still checking about whether a single pdf file exists for all of this documentation. Thank you for your patience. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner
That last notice or reply is the same files that I can get from the html files that came with the software. They are also online and I can get them there. I was looking for something more detailed. There are many annotations types and it seems there must be somewhere that I can get some defintion of them. I need also some examples if any are available. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Newport_j
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, There is detailed documentation regarding annotations online as well as you in your installation directory. Here is a link to the online documentation with examples: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/advisorxe/lin/ug_docs/GUID-8284D760-8F68-4580-9B1D-95DC4DAE454C.htm Hope it helps. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos