Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

C# - "Roofline not available"

Christensen__David1

After watching the Intel Webinar on Advisor and Rooflines yesterday, I was inspired to download and try the tool on a test C# application.

Everything appears to work (Survey Target, Find Trip Counts and Flop, Annotate Sources, Check Suitability) but when I attempt to view the Roofline, it says

"Roofline data is not available

Roofline report depends on the floating-point and integer operations data, which is unavailable.

To collection the floating-point and integer operations daa, select the FLOP checkbox unde the Find Trip Counts and Flop analysis section in the Workflow pane, then run the Trip Counts and FLOP analysis"

However, I *have* done the steps indicated.

Is this a C# /.Net problem?  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ekaterina_G_Intel

Hello David,

Roofline collection needs survey and Flops data be collected. Do you see flop data in survey view for any of your loops/functions (it should appear in separate column)?

0 Kudos
Christensen__David1

No - the column after "Type" is "Why no vectorisation"

0 Kudos
Christensen__David1

See screenshot

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_G_Intel

Looks like flop collection has restriction on C# /.Net applications. As you can see there is no Flop data collected in your survey result

0 Kudos
Christensen__David1

So are you saying Advisor and Roofline analysis is not available for C#?  That's a fairly big market to ignore!

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_G_Intel

Sorry for that, it requires additional implementation. We will think about prioritizing it for future releases.

0 Kudos
Christensen__David1

I look forward to it.

0 Kudos