Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Can not launch intel VTune Profiler 2020 in macOS 11.1

Yingkai
Novice

Hello, guys!

I found that I cannot launch profiler on my mac, the app closes immediately.

This is what I found in the console.

```

Feb 4 15:33:55 luanyingkai com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.intel.vtune.12048000.12051919(501)> [88909]
Feb 4 15:33:56 luanyingkai VTune Helper[47608]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsGLDriver: #2: No such file or directory
Feb 4 15:33:56 luanyingkai VTDecoderXPCService[47610]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver: #2: No such file or directory
Feb 4 15:33:56 luanyingkai VTDecoderXPCService[47610]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME: #2: No such file or directory
Feb 4 15:33:56 luanyingkai VTEncoderXPCService[47611]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver: #2: No such file or directory
Feb 4 15:33:56 luanyingkai VTEncoderXPCService[47611]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME: #2: No such file or directory

```

Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

Yingkai

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_K_5
Novice

Hi,

I am using the latest Big Sur (version11.2.1) with the latest version of the oneAPI HPC Toolkit (2021.1), and I do not have any problems running the VTune  gui app from the command line. 

Before using, I source the script:  ... oneapi/vtune_profiler/latest/env/vars.sh

Then from the command line, I run "sudo vtune-gui".

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are forwarding the case to SME.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Yingkai
Novice

Hi JananiC:

I just downgraded my Mac to Catalina, now I can launch VTune Profiler. But still looking forward to the solution for Big Sur.

Thank you very much.

Yingkai

0 Kudos
David_K_5
Novice

Hi,

I am using the latest Big Sur (version11.2.1) with the latest version of the oneAPI HPC Toolkit (2021.1), and I do not have any problems running the VTune  gui app from the command line. 

Before using, I source the script:  ... oneapi/vtune_profiler/latest/env/vars.sh

Then from the command line, I run "sudo vtune-gui".

David

0 Kudos
Yingkai
Novice

Hi David,

Thank you for your help! I just tried what you said, it works now.

Regards,

Yingkai

0 Kudos